Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I made my special cards....

Today I made my special cards....they help pay the rent when I complete my commissions and people seem to really enjoy them.  I love to use every little bit and piece...working in a series seems to feed my inspiration.  I have been out of the studio for months so I need to be cracking ....work now and reorganize tomorrow.  My grand daughter Morgan is coming to see me on Friday...we are going to PAINT! 

 This small angel in the wonderful sunflower dress was very shy but was also very curious to check out my studio's contents.
 This is an experiment in casting and fusing glass ...Larry has done an incredible job.  Expansive glass play cast in a circle...the uses as a design element is infinite!
 Blown glass flower like vessel...until the base broke off.  Larry will find a way to salvage this beautiful array of colors.
 I love visiting Larry's work space...the color plays are just delightful...color play with pure clear glass capturing the hues from Nature!

 The back side is just as spectacular in a matte finish...which one do you prefer?
 Contemplation...time to process and think "what's next"  or "if I put this with that..."  I love how artists think!
 Curious kids ...and a fire truck from the station two blocks away!
 Whew this is a big group of inquisitive kids!
 So many compartments to investigate....
 Mr. Ashley Baker...aka Newark fireman.  I have known him since he was knee high to his wonderful Mother and Dad!  They were are neighbors for years!    He has grown into a great young man!








I met with our resident glass artist Larry Tuber to ask for some resources for fusible glass ...I would like to make some affordable fused glass this Fall for the holidays.  I want to keep my price point down so the products will be nice and affordable for teacher gifts, grandparents, babysitter, tutors....well you get my drift.  Larry shared some new works of his...he is casting layers of glass enclosed in a circle.  The finished circle is so fascinating...I think it would be great inside the frames of large wooden doors and entry ways.  This is the total recycling project... I think the future looks bright for possibilities in this casting process.  I hope you enjoy the photos.  I have to get back to my quilting!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. I love when Art is made from recycled materials!
    Another Great Post!
    xoxo- Cindi

    PS - I was reading your comments from your last post. If you want to get rid of Word Verification go to MY Blog, then to Settings, then to Post & Comments. Make SURE you check the ALWAYS box for comment moderation or you will get a ton of SPAM. (Then your comments will go to your email and you can decide if you want to publish them or not.)
    Then under Show Word Verification click to NO, then SAVE the setting.
    If you want to get rid of it, that is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I typed MY blog, I don't of course mean MY blog but rather your blog but the page that reads MY blog...oh, you know what I mean!
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. I'm looking forward to ending this long hot summer and getting back into blogging as well. No art done in the studio for me either lately but enjoying seeing everyone else's. Glass is very interesting to me and love watching others work with it.

    ReplyDelete