Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sometimes...life gets in the way of blogging....

 a felted bunny...I know Chris Lang would love this baby bunny...
 I was talking with one of the founding members of the Mansfield Art Center.  I know I look like I might cry but I was actually very honored to be part of this wonderful exhibit!
 That is a living butterfly in this exhibit...simply spell bounding!

 The silk images were hung above the exhibit and a video was circling ...a very informative presentation.

 Joyfully sharing her creative process....
 Two of my Australian memories...I am working on the third installment ....
 Incredible hand beading...stunning works....
 I love the many garments in this show...I think I would love to wear this swinging coat/dress....
 The Little Tykes Lab at the Works....
 Now that we have chosen her favorite alphabet....
 Maybe a clear/black sparkle overlay????
 Morgan is ready to Create!
 Don't you love that sparkle PINK?????
Then a bit of stamping... a swirl here....a swirl there....
 Time for lunch and to let our pink dry properly....
 Macaroni and cheese, Goldfish, orange slices, chocolate milk and some of Grandpa's fresh fruit salad....
 Chris Lang is home from her vacation with Dave...they loved Wisconsin!!!
 Morgan chose a beautiful purple for stamping her name...she said Mom would really love this!
 Now that is a name to be proud of....
 Then a butterfly in sparkle teal paint....stunning
 Then Morgan added flowers for a garden and pearlized circles and sparkle dots....
 How do you like that apron?
 Exercise now for a healthy body...Gunnerson Rotary Park....
 This is a big slide...
Jill Crowe had her whole family at the opening...her mother's quilt was a surprise for her mother....LOL!
 Jill's sunflower...
 Susan Kozak's paintings of her daughter's farm down the road from the arboretum...
 Laura Appleman was very proud of Rowan's incredible pastel...
 The youngest viewer....
 Aris with her father Scott were attending to celebrate mher Mother Ruth's thre entries...
 Beautiful....child and painting....
 We were all very happy for Ruth...guess who that is in the painting???
 The president of the LCA Andrea Smith....
 Jill was very successful in this painting...
 The guys relaxing out in the quiet lobby....
 Two art lovers!
 Mary Ann Tipple and I celebrate at the Mansfield Art Center....

 Two panels....
 Four panels... great textures and colors...

 I love the sweet intricacies of tiny stitches and oil pastels....


Indigo dyes on the trunks and cocoons waiting to open ...
 cocoons under glass.....
 colorful baskets...

 It felt like a party....Jo Rice was as colorful as her works...

 Bead lovers all.....
 I love this beaded necklace....
 Great space to hang quilts...
 Jo Rice's wall installation....












This hand dyed piece has raw edges and wonderful marks ....

Yes ....I am still here.  I  have been busy in the studio and attended two openings this weekend.  On Thursday night "Art in the Arboretum" was cancelled due to much needed rainfall.  The panels are still holding their own and the leather straps are showing more wear than the "whispers" panels.   On Friday,  Ken picked up Miss Morgan who is now three years old and we made ART in my studio "Whispers and Echoes" .  The joy of working with a small energetic child ....well my words totally fail to describe who great this experience was for the both of us.  We share The Works in the Little Tykes Lab, lunch at the Grill Deli and then 90 minutes of splashing paint with Grandma!  Ken then took her to the Gunnerson Rotary Park....all of my grand children call this Gunnerson Park!  Then on Saturday I tried to get motivated but fatigue caught up with me...see I am not Wonder Woman.  In the evening Ken and I attended the Dawes Arboretum "Poetry in Nature" art exhibit. Ruth Myers entered three of her paintings,  Priscilla Rink has three wonderful photographs, Melissa Winter's jewelry is so wonderful, collages, a quilt from Jill Crowe's mother ...and well too many paintings to list.  Congratulations to Rowan for the Best of Show award!  Awesome people making awesome works!  Today Ken and I went to the Mansfield Art Center for the opening of "Uncommon Threads" with 20 diverse and creative artists sharing their fiber visions.  The exhibition space is fabulous and the works were given ample space and proper lighting ...this makes enjoying the viewing of this incredible exhibit.  I highly recommend experiencing the Butterfly interactive part of this show.  We were actually treated to the actual moths and butterflies in this work...there is a video that shares their journey as they burst forth from the cocoons.  I hope you enjoy the photos.  Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. Wow what an incredible show. Love your quilts and the buuny and the art to wear. Wonderful exhibit. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You never slow down! You do so much and it looks like you have such a great time.
    I love your outfit that you wore to the Mansfield Art Center! You look so pretty.
    Your little one is adorable too.
    XOXO - Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the felted bunny and the Tutankhamen necklace! Thanks for taking us along on the tour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your support...we lost our DSL connection late Monday...I am not quite sure why. Windstream / ATT are installing new telephone poles..hopefully to be able to withstand our latest high power winds. Have a great week! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete