Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day!!!!













Friday began as a very busy day in the studio...Hayley Lavender arrived about 11 in the morning and shadowed me for the entire day. I shared her with the visitors who came in, we discussed the need to work and perfect her upcoming portfolio for when she is planning on graduation in December 2011 and could possibly begin at her dream college Columbus School of Arts and Design located in Columbus in January 2012. We walked down to the Licking Foundation Building to meet with Connie Hawk for pertinent details to apply for scholarship funds next year. We then ran into a friend of mine Charlie...he is a creative sculptor and has a delightful personality. We walked over to The Works to quickly view the Chilean print makers and their intimate exhibit. When we arrived back Hayley, Ted and I wrapped over 175 chocolate truffles for the Chocolate walk. I made a dash home to change my clothes for an evening of pure Jazz and delight. Boney James made his first time visit to the Midland and there was not a single audience member who was a tiny bit disappointed. When I came home I got on Amazon...my new BFF ... and order 5 of his outstanding CDs ...i think they will be delightful to work by his music in my studio in the very near future. I had a difficult time getting to sleep but the memories of meeting such a genius on a saxophone ...well let us say I had sweet dreams. Art Saves Lives and with Crosby and Nash on Wednesday ....and now Boney James on Friday....my cup runs over with JOY! I am so sorry I was so over stimulated late that night nut I had the music in me. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

p.s. The wonderful glass artist arrived with glass strawberries dipped in chocolate for the Chocolate Walk at Myers and Pugh Jewelers next door...I think I am planning a weekend workshop with her real soon to learn lamp work beads from a professional.

1 comment:

  1. I could not fit all the JOY into just one catch up post so stay tuned for part 2. The children feel so empowered when I place their picture on the post...so do their parents. Have a GREAT week! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete