Friday, May 13, 2011

blogger oh blogger ...where did you go?



























I am apologizing for the mishap of the missing blog post...for what ever reason there could not be a connection ...no matter what we tried ...it failed. Now after two very busy days I am back and will try to make it short and swift.

The family night in the central gallery was great and the boys rushed in; gobbled their dinners and rushed out the door to get to their makeup games in baseball. We have had so much rain that the majority of games have been washed out and the fields and golf courses around here are soggy and swampy. The girls remained calm and created their Garden Angels with rubbings, stamps, an applique and bright colors for their Spring flowers. The weather was glorious and even though the humidity was high ...this did not seem to bother children at all. Next week we are planning a solar system and rocket stencil project.... with stars to add another dimension.

Yesterday I attended the Hospice Foundation evening with the power point presentation of the bereavement camp activities and special counseling programs. These services have had a powerful effect on the grieving families and the children's program is a very touching, caring process that can be repeated from summer to the next summer. This program empowers the youths to find and use their words to allow each child an opportunity to feel a secure and safe place to share their feelings with others who have lost a parent, sibling or grandparent also. I came home with a desire to maybe work in the camp program to create an art work in fiber as a healing process.

Today I attended a dear lady's funeral services...Joyce Dupler was one of the kindest persons who has graced my life as an artist. She had the watercolors mastered and shared her talents with many generations over the years. Her daughter Dawn and son Eric were there to honor their mother and we shared small experiences and special stories of joy and making our Art life. I remember Joyce's sweet disposition and the gentle way she would guide her students through their lessons. "That is very interesting" or a sweet smile as she asked "tell me about this painting". I will miss you dear friend. May God bless and keep you as you enter your new home.

This afternoon ...around 2:30 pm I was asked to create 8 floral centerpieces for a fund raiser dinner tonight to raise funds for next season. I went home and raided my gardens and I have to say I am quite pleased with the compositions and the delightful fragrances that filled the room. ken and I had a bite to eat to eat and then I came home to select my class materials for tomorrow. In the evening I will volunteer for The DooWop concert series and got a special seat for Ken...he loves the Motown legacy. Now I need to catch up on the computer and emails. i hope you have had a great week! Imagine and live in peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart


p.s. The last photo is of a dichroic glass pendant I have created before it has been fired for the first time. Simple but I am excited to see it when it is completed.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see lilacs in your arrangments, too cool here yet.
    I was blessed with a couple of 75 day in Cali, back to sox, oh well. Show us how the pendant turns out. I did a glass fusing class a few years back and it is really fun. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Blogger went away for me too. Now, I can't remember what I had to say that day. You are so busy, I think it's wonderful but do, DO take care of yourself. You have a lot on your plate and it doesn't sound like you are getting a lot of rest time. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete