Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012...do you feel like sledding?















Ken and I had our photo taken at the Walgreen's on route 79 yesterday with my friend Priscilla Rink. Just for the fun of it and today we had our first gentle snowfall. I prepared a very large pan of home made Navy bean soup with the ham bone from Christmas. I sauteed onions, carrots, garlic, and a little bit of celery. The kitchen smelled so delicious and I let the simmering soup come to complete fruition for over three hours. We made cornbread muffins and sweet butter and delicious blackberries. For dessert Ken supplied the creamy fudge and caramel corn which quickly disappeared into small tummies. Happy New Year!!!!

The snow is so peaceful and the laundry is almost done and tomorrow I return to my studio schedule. I have learned I enjoy and need a daily schedule of a place to go and do my work. Yes there may be interruptions from time to time but this is a destination and I appear to fall into a routine and restoration ready for my processes. I have had very little time here in the house because of phone calls and the computer distractions. I actually want to get back to my work...I think this is a good thing!!! Happy Creating for everyone!

Maya finished her report on Stephani Meyer, the writer of Twilight series and the beginning of the popular movie series. Sabrina and Hannah kept themselves extra busy investigating the art supplies upstairs ....I may never find my stuff again...well it will be a real scavenger hunt for sure. I seem to remember being a lot more patient in my younger years... I get pooped pretty easy and after a couple hours I am ready to take a nap even if the girls are still flying high. I wish I could bottle their energy when they visit Grandma's house and I do remember visiting my Grandma's house and how I was totally spoiled when I stayed there. Have a wonderful week and once again I want to wish you a very happy new year for 2012. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go sledding! It has been such a hot Christmas here in South Africa though today is cooler. Love your Happy New Year photo.
    All the best for 2012 Mary Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful photo of you both. Sledding...never have been in that much snow. But I've been boogie boarding at the beach. LOL

    ReplyDelete