Sunday, October 23, 2011

Huey Lewis and The News...










Tonight Ken and I had dinner at the Chop House before we attended the Huey Lewis concert at the Midland Theater. The theater was rocking with some good old fashioned soul and Memphis blues sounds. His latest CD is "Soulville" and is on it way to our home. The room was singing, clapping and dancing in their seats for two solid hours with no intermission at all. The vitality of this man...and his fabulous band roared into the audience and at 60 something??? Huey loves what he is doing and it absolutely shows when he performs. The back up group were talented and gave their hearts to perform right along with this American icon...he has been performing for over three decades. Now I am tired and tomorrow I will be sore for sure...25 years ago I could dance into the wee hours of the morning. The youthful reunion with a memory walk down the lane with the music and the people I love the most. I have a lot to do this week so I am hoping you have a great week in your studio. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

7 comments:

  1. I have been working with the YES kids for about 12 years...the collage in the back of the last photo is one I worked with the kids about five years ago...I have been blessed by my friendship with Vee. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Huey Lewis what a treat you had. My dancing is limited to my computer chair, these days. :)
    Thanks for your thoughtful and sweet comments on my blog. Back at ya!
    :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a super fun concert! So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you had fun dancing the night away! Hope to get in to see you this week. I have the flyers for the Men's Gift buying date. It will be Nov. 20. There will also be online dates (all the information is in the flyers). I will try to have some pumpkin bread baked before I come in...no promises,just good intentions :)
    Love to you and Ken
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love a concert that makes you feel younger again? Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fantstic, sore, yes, but worth it right? xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  7. it really sounds as though you had a fabulous time! yea.

    ReplyDelete