Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday preparations...please help Nation heal....


















April is or is near to being the most threatening tornado month of the century...I am in awe of Mother Nature's rage and path of destruction during this month. I called to check on the nieces and nephews who were living in the path of last night storms and they appear to be fine and in recovery by the near miss. I pray for the families who have lost someone they love and their homes are a memory of their hearts. Rebuilding will be a long period of recovery and these families need a helping hand in the strength to find closure after their losses.

Last night I went back about three decades with Graham Nash and David Crosby. With their recognizable songs of the past decades plus some right on the mark new political lyrics I felt the chills of my youth on my skin in a sold out theater. Three hours later and I did not want the night to end...it could have gone on for another three hours and they would not have had to repeat themselves. David Crosby agreed to this fact and no one wanted to leave for the evening. With remarkable technology they recorded the concert on a thumb drive you could purchase that night to enjoy for the future. Even though it really was out of my budget...I charged one so Ken and I can enjoy this wonderful concert as we drive down to Georgia. Thank you David and Graham for the years of melodic memories from my youth.

I am presently tying blue ribbons on business cards for my friend Ted and Judy as they prepare for tomorrow's Chocolate Walk for Final Fridays in downtown Newark. Tomorrow morning I will wrap 175 chocolate truffles and we will attach the business cards with blue ribbons...I wish I could do the walk again this year but I will be volunteering for the Midland once more for a young man Boney James's live performance. Last year ken and I had a great date night walking around the square collecting tasty treats and enjoying the exhibits of our community. The galleries will open with diverse offerings for every one's taste in Art.

Now it is time to get back to work. I have been cutting stencils, collecting rubbings and materials , and making my blended crayons for my day of Art at the Arbor Day celebrations for Arbor Day. I think I have everything I will need but I want to be prepared! Have a safe night and cuddle up with those you love. "Lay Me Down" is one of the songs running through my mind right now...I wish you Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
2011 Chocolate Art Walk...tasty sweets and beautiful Art

Check out the Central Gallery at 50 South Second Street for "Duets" by Todd Yarrington...
The Gallery of Urban Art with Dalale Hall and Dan Coffman featuring Sandy Gartner....
The Art Works Gallery is featuring Printmakers associated with Nicholos Hill....
The Gallery of Dreams /White Cottage with Kim Miles....
The Licking County Arts themed exhibit " Just a Pretty Picture"....
kay Kenyon continues her exhibit at the Liz Argyle Gallery....

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to be at that concert -- what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much devastation this year everywhere. As I said to Audrey yesterday, mother Nature is not happy with us right now. I hope you and all your relatives remain safe. Chocolate walk, did you say chocolate walk. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete