Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tea for Tuesday in the studio...








At noon today I met with three aspiring artists: Dalale Hall a painter featured in my next month's exhibit; Sandy Gartner a photographer extraordinaire with several publications on the historical landmarks here in Licking county and finally Priscilla Rink....paper Moon cards and Designs for every occasion. We met over a quick lunch and ICED tea...the nineties came back with the humidity today and hot tea did not even sound appealing. I shared ten different photo transfer materials for digital and photographic embellishing with both paints and stamps and whatever your heart desires. I advised them all.... to get their business cards and portfolios ready and have them handy at all times... write down their goals and maintain a focus in exactly what direction they each would like to move. Dalale wants a downtown studio and gallery on the square, Sandy wants to expand her marketing products employing her historical photographs onto pillows or bags or possible jewelry. Priscilla is creating her photographic images for cards and the paper Moon Studio as well as exploring her painting skills in both watercolor and now acrylic. The time flew by and before we knew it it was time to move on. I want to make Tea for Tuesdays valuable for all who come by but at the same time I do have to make my own work to have something to sell to make my rent. I worked a little bit on my sewing machine assemblage and began gathering my Halloween inspirations to begin my cards for October's exciting festivities. I should receive a honorarium from the Stampington Publishing Company as I shared several of their magazines both past issues and current that offer inspirations and many new techniques to explore.

My friend Susan Nash has opened a studio and gallery in Zanesville with another Susan who is an assemblage artist. The bloom continues to reveal the beauty in each artist's sacred marks...Zanesville already has a wonderful circle of artist and studios growing. Congratulations on your leap of Faith and making your art from you heart and mind's eye.

I am more tired than I realized but I told Priscilla that all that talking will wear me out. I felt wonderful energies today with sharing processes with others willing to share their dream. The storms came rumbling in once again and now I am responding to many requests for my time and efforts through an enormous email list. The computer is moving very slowing right now...could the pull of the moon or the stormy weather affect the power of the computer? Embrace the moment and share your dream. Work every day with commitment and passion. Realize each step is the arrival of your next destination. The journey is the magic. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

6 comments:

  1. I just want to thank you for offering the opportunity for exposure to artists. I only wish I had someone nearby to do the same for me! I am sure they are so very thankful! Oh..and to answer your question about The Hubbums - so far things are going pretty well - it's still early in the year and all, but he likes his kids and they seem to like him, so that's a good start! And yes...he goes in early to work on stuff, works on stuff after school and then works on stuff at home. Gotta love the 50-60 hour work week of a good teacher! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ll wonderful news Mary Helen!! You are an inspiration and support to so many artists! Take good care of yourself, to maintain that energy everyone depends on :) Sending hugs and good thoughts your way, Karin xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's supposed to read "All wonderful news..."!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news, Mary Helen. I love seeing all the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun a "real life" Tea on Tuesday!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Helen, thanks for the nod our way in Zanesville. Our artist colony really is a little known secret. I sooo enjoyed your show at The Works! It was so wonderful and inspiring to be surrounded by your amazing art. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete