Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lord make me an instrument of Peace...


September 11 2010
my day has been flooded with the memory of 9/11 ... I was in a class in Dayton, Ohio...
hours away from my family...
the United States was forever changed...
fear grew like a cancer in our spirits as tomorrow was forever unsure...
all I wanted was to be home with my family...
and constant prayers for the families forever changed on that fateful morning...
Black hawk helicopters flew low in the sky that appear darker in my memory's eyes...
Fear shuddered my earthly being as I drove home...all the time trying to concentrate as I drove...
I needed to touch my loved ones..my family and yet I knew there were other families that would never touch one another again.
Did "they" win?
Will we live in fear forever?
How do I keep my family safe?
Will we ever feel safe again?
I refuse to live in Fear and Hate.... I will not give into my fear.
I will be the change I would love to see here on our beloved Earth...as taught by Gandhi...
I will celebrate each gift of morning
I will express gratitude for the simple gifts...
I know I have everything I need and more...
I aspire to be an instrument of Peace...
I believe in the power of One.
Imagine and Live in Peace,
Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Farewell to a dear quiet woman...Bonnie Hale Leaman died this last weekend but she made such a contribution to the world of quilt artists when she began her magazine Quilters Newsletter back in 1969...you will be forever missed. Thank you for gracing my life with inspiration and support.

2 comments:

  1. a beautiful post, your words do resonate...so sorry for the loss of a friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely posst and words for a friend who has passed. I hope our hearts were open and listening to all the words spoken and unspoken yesterday. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete