Monday, September 20, 2010

Methotrexate blues...a day of forced retreat





I realized I may have been pushing my physical limits ...I have worked 6 days a week for the last 6 weeks...not a very wise work pattern to begin my studio schedule. Today I attempted to move slowly in a quiet environment and actually enjoyed the quiet and solitude and performed the mundane household chores like laundry. The dinner is already ready and I just want to carry down a couple more plastic boxes down and have them in the car for tomorrow. ken and I are sharing one computer and he has top priority because he is taking an on-line graduate class and writing his lesson plans for his classes and catching up on his required work for the this gifted position. It does amaze me that how complicated the whole education process continues to become...and yet as a nation we seem to fall further behind in our national progress.

I am working in my sewing studio on some small fiber assemblages ...possibly to be framed. I find my self mesmerized and the time just drifts away from me. I gaze outside the studio windows and realized the hillside is painted with a speckle of changing colors. The squirrels are scampering up and down playing and gathering the acorns for the upcoming chill in the evenings foreshadowing the coming of Lady Winter. I felt inspired to just sit and relish the present moment ... the change is inevitable and a gift to the balance of my spiritual passage. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. Hope you were able to get some physical regeneration; I have had to work half days. Frustrating, but it is what I can manage, and am glad to be doing it.
    Obviously the studio is suiting you well and I am very happy for that!
    TAke care!!!

    XXOO~~♥
    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better. I also had a few days of forced retreat...after spending Saturday night in the ER. When I got there my BP was 288/121(This is not a typing error, it was 288/121). I just returned from the DR. with new meds so hopefully I can get this under control soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a tree frog outside my studio window. It's a warm fall day here and I have the windows wide open. He's singing to me. I can hear the geese flying over my rooftop. Other than that it's so quiet. I love the quiet. I just spend two hours, in the studio, painting and never once looked at the clock. It's just heaven. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete