Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday and my stomache is black and blue from my injections...very odd to look at from my point of view....









I was a little shaky this morning but I went over to Tina's to watch the girls for her day in the office. I am afraid she is leaving this job that offers her so much freedom in taking the three girls to school and afternoon activities. I am trying to be supportive but I know how difficult it is to find a job in Ohio today....most jobs are part time without benefits or service positions that offer very little chance for promotion. I told Tina we will make it work but I know how difficult it is to make ends meet and be home every day without assistance. Maya, Sabrina and Hannah are magical girls with boundless energy that will love having their mother Full time... which is how all mothers work anyway.

We went down to the studio and met with Ken for a pizza lunch and a visit with Mrs. Doyle...Maya's first grade teacher from North Elementary. My friend from Australia stopped by to say goodbye before she heads back home to the Gold Coast. She has finished her doctorate at Ohio University and we hope to be able to have her and the Roberts over for a dinner before she departs on 8/13/10. They asked for photos when I get the set up in the studio completed...Ken has been busy putting two tall shelf units today and tomorrow I will continue to sort the multitude of materials we have already moved down. Slowly slowly slowly each day is progressing and I am getting excited to actually move in with my work table. Michelle Channel brought in some of her drawing exercises and I think you can see the sensitivity in her pencil marks...she is beginning perspective work and that is always a challenge for myself. I look forward to seeing her once I am settled down in the studio. I am very tired and I hope you enjoy the glow of the moonlight dancing on our tree tops. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. You amaze me, you do. You have your treatments and I know how much they zap your energy but they don't zap your interests. Just remember to get the rest that you need. It's so easy, in all this excitement of something new and big to forget to take good care of yourself. Sleep, rest and let your body renew a little. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your courage and creativity are tremendous! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today on Tues I have spent half of my day in bed...I know I need to rest and having someone else say OK now....stop...really helps me give myself permission to stop. Ken took over my little Geo over for a much needed oil change and tire rotation for me so I am pacing myself today. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart aka ART LADT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care and treat yourself to some lovely "Mary Helen time!"

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete