Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day ...a day of kindness...

Today is a day for love...love of our families...dear friends..old friends... a smile of grace to all you meet during the day.  I realize I have a great life in my studio...a visible place to make and create sacred marks.  I have heard from some of the parents who did not know that the family night had been canceled...I will have to find another way to make this evening work.  Ian always my last artist to arrive...but was always energetic and enthusiastic.  I had some dear friends stop by today and was blessed to have a special Valentine card and tiny strawberry cheesecake with Oreo crust...Thank Thank Thank you Aris and Ruth!!  Abby walked in with two of her favorite men...Tim and little Justin!!  Alice Turner stopped by as she was making her candy delivery on her day off at Lowes.  I shared Erin Elizabeth's handmade caramels with everyone over at the Grill Deli and with the instructors from COTC...Chase, Garrett and Bree.  It was a truly sweet day!!!

 Justin brought in his latest Lego creation...great job Justin!!!!
 Ruth and Aris Meyers came in with sweet treats and surprises!!!  They have a four day weekend so maybe they will be back for the opening on Sunday afternoon.  Look how sweet these ladies are!!!!!!!!
 Alice Turner is a multi-talented artist and was out delivering her hand dipped strawberries in chocolate.  This lady stays busy!
 I shared my roses with Aris...she chose the beautiful wide bloom in yellow.  Please enjoy!
 Justin high and safe in Dad Tim's arms came in with Abby for a special lunch at the Grill Deli!  Their eldest son Dalton is on his way to New York city for a 4 day/night trip.  Dalton will see Newsies and Annie ...plus luckily they will meet the professionals from the Annie production.  I would love to see Dalton and his classmates's eyes as they discover New York City!!!!!!!!!!
 Sweet treats made with love ...an Oreo cream cheese treat topped with white chocolates and a beautiful strawberry........
 I finished the card even though I will probably pack it away for next time and this is the collage I started weeks ago as a teaching tool....

 There is something very sweet about this card...vintage images and punches...the little girl is just too cute.
 the beginning of the birthday card for Krisanne...the all star of chocolates at Goummas Confections...a four generation tradition in candy making here....
 I added snowflake punches and tiny random stars plus a fine delicate white ribbon at the base...tomorrow I plan to add a sweet black bird and add a bit more dimension to my bare winter tree...........
 Happy Birthday ...Happy Valentine day....to a very special friend on her birthday!!!!!! 
 one of my favorites places to visit in Newark.......
 Krisanne's beautiful mother was cheering her on...the lst minute rush for Valentine sweet treats....
 Krisanne is so beautiful...and a very hard working wife and mother.... and we both love being a grandmother!!!!!!!!

 a simple gift ...candle light for the evening dinner.....










the day is coming to an end....I have so much to be grateful for.
I worked on the Winter 12 by 12 collage for Judy ...she is coming tomorrow to pick it up.  I only have the tiny blackbirds to add to the wintery scene.  I feel this little work is going to a special home and will make them all smile when they have their morning coffee each morning.  The sun came out in the afternoon..which bathes my studio in warm sunlight and energy...a pleasant place to work in isolation.  Then I had a wonderful surprise...Ruth brought Aris in to hand deliver a special Olivia Valentine... and a strawberry cheese cake!!!    I then headed back to Goummas Confections to give Krisanne a special Valentine's Birthday card.  Ken and I stayed in tonight...he brought home Chinese dishes for dinner ..and more simple candle light.  Simple gifts for all tonight..SHINE...we all have a special light inside so remember to Shine.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. I do not mean to brag...or to be obnoxious...but having a day to celebrate loving one another is needed more today than ever before! Peace and have a great weekend by the way! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that I'm late but I'm wishing you a Happy Valentines Day 2 days late!
    XOXO - Cindi

    ReplyDelete