Friday, February 15, 2013

finding the voice in the ART...

I began my morning working on a plan to give ART to the youngest artists...two...three...four year olds.  We are calling it Messy Monkeys at The Works...and this name says it all.  It is an opportunity for young parents to come and have a coffee while their delightful little ones discover their own self expression in making a variety of marks.  I am just getting my mind wrapped around this fun hour...but I can hardly wait to see what will grow during this hour.  Then I went to my studio to put together a statement of sorts to have available for Sunday afternoon's opening for Collaborative Communications.  Our first opening was scheduled due to Level 2 street conditions and hopefully Sunday will be better.  I am really excited for all of the participants to come together to share their visions and this exhibit offers a multitude of mediums and techniques with generations united to give a voice to the ART.

I then finished a collage for a young at heart patron ...to hang in her kitchen.  "Hope like a Tree Reaches for the Sky".  I wrote this phrase when I was 16...it is so important to encourage our children to record their feelings and opinions.  She, the new proud owner seemed to be really happy when she left and I felt happy to share a joy of creation just for FUN.  I was surprised by some visitors and Ken came down to have lunch with me...like I said it was a beautiful day!  I have my young man coming to continue his drawing exercises...and we are moving into dragons.  This will be new for me also...I have found a great book and hopefully will share the title and author later.  I made arrangements to work with my 7 Weblos next Tuesday...they are so cute and are earning their ART badge.  Ken and I are babysitting for Erin and Chance so they can get away for a weekend.  We will have the three little messy monkeys until Sunday Morning.  Then we head back home to get ready to attend the Collaborative Communications opening at The Works between 2 to 4.

 here is my little collage..........it just makes me happy...
 Chase is a young teacher who works upstairs with COTC and is growing his own business with total enthusiam...
 two small art patrons who found perfect cards for their favorite friends.... they were exploring The Works...and are family friends with an artist friend John Donnelly from the Nazarene University...
 I think these two smiling angels are having a great day...they are on their way to see our glass resident artist Joanne paint with hot molten glass.......
 Candice and her wonderful son Isiah...our schools have a four day weekend!
another wonderful family...little Sophia being held by her Mom is a real Messy Monkey already....I hope to see them all soon.....He loves to draw Aliens and she just loves to paint!...
 Sophia came back to look at the paintings......
 Ken took this photo...I think he likes it too......I love those tissue snowflakes....
 Then Doug brought in Nicholas and Colin in to bring a special Valentine surprise...Nicholas picked out a beautiful pink scarf and a chocolate rose and PINK HUGS plaque signed by the whole family...I invited them to come on Sunday and told them I am only a phone call away..........
 small collage ...closer...
 my new friend...enjoy coming back dear friend...
 I HAVE to get this batman sweatshirt...too much FUN and check out that specialized hood!
 My greatest surprise...the new parents-to-be the Doyles are expecting their first baby in 7 weeks...I am over the moon for this joyful couple!!! They will be great parents!







Miracles are happening every day!!!!!!!!!We had sleet...snow...overcast cloudy skies....and then the sun brought through!
Whew just saying this all ...has me running  fast in my mind.  I am still working madly to complete my entry into the Best of Ohio Show for the Ohio Designer Craftsman deadline.  Lord help me be strong.  If only I did not need sleep. 

Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. My goodness you are one busy lady! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mess Monkeys, what a great name for those babes who are most creative.....good for you. Love your collage. Hope you are feeling well. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the painting!What a beautiful name!Always so nice to see all the great friends that surround you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collage!
    I love seeing so many happy photos!
    You certainly bring joy to so many!
    You are so busy! Please take time to take care of yourself!
    XOXO - Cindi

    ReplyDelete