Thursday, February 21, 2013

I have been a very busy ART Lady!!!

On Tuesday I had a special reunion of small boy scouts...the Weblos working on their Art Badge.  It was a cold and frigid evening but the energies ran hot and fast.  We created their own portfolio...with a mixed media front...their first pencil sketches of portraits of each other...a small textural still life ...and working with stencils and paint pens.  I know now this was way too much but we will be able to complete the list of requirements at our next meeting on march 5, 2013.  I was bouncing around from table to table...sweating..no glowing...but I told the little man I was working right along with them!  I hope you enjoy this small collection of photos. 

Wednesday a new family member arrived here on earth...a precious little man to love and adore.  Congratulations Erika and Chris!!!  I had several visitors in the studio and my intern and I are working madly to get printer instructions for fabric printing for my Phoenix exhibition.  Vicki stopped by to let me know her mother had surgery is is on a long road to recovery.  Vicki and Jennifer are strong wonderful women ...who dare to care and be there in these moments of vulnerability.  Ken and I made a Mexican rice dish for dinner and I put myself to bed ...the cold is having harsh effects on my joints and immune system right now.  I finished my card I made special for Marilyn Stocker...for those of you who do not know she has fallen and broken her arm and required surgery.  Send her a JOYFUL note of encouragement when you have a chance...she is a real dear to our Art world here in Licking county.

Thursday ...today...I stationed myself over in the glass studio as we created a drop in afternoon that collaborated with the exhibit in the Art Works Gallery.  I had a joyful experience with the SPARK artists...from the Granville studio.  I am not quite sure who had the most fun...me or them???  As you can see we made a lot of smiles today...they made my heart smile...making Art Saves Lives!!!!!!!

 inspirations....local artists...the Licking County Arts
 these will soon be acid free re-purposed cardboard portfolios....with each artist making their style visible...
 more inspirations...colored pencils///dragons for vivid imaginations...watercolors and techniques...
 this young man is painting his cover with black acrylic paints...
 then the young men experimented with the power of stencils.......
 they really were very neat... Zachary loves drawing and making art.........
 Trevor is focusing on his first portrait using a multi-lead and colors pencil...
Haiden works diligently on his portrait
 the work is becoming visible to Trevor's own eyes...
 this young artist works to capture certain characteristics in his portrait....
 now on to the still life texture ball drawings...........
 Zach is on his way to making a realistic portrait...he is using the short sketch marks quite effectively...
 now on to using the paint pens...gold...copper...silver and white ...and then a moody blue....
 each one is going to evolve to look totally different when we finish in our next meeting....
 I am very proud of their works...but I now realize I gave them way too much in one night...
 the final preparations for our next meeting....






Yikes...these young men have homework to finish and it is almost 9:00 PM...
Now we  (Ken and I) have had a Hawaiian Pineapple Pizza and I took some time to play with the pups...snow and sleet and a real ice storm in moving in tonight.  The roads could be treacherous in the morning.  I am praying all will take their time...and arrive safely to their destinations.  Now I am going to bed.  Tomorrow should be interesting...Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

I will share the glass studio photos tomorrow...be safe ....Peace.

6 comments:

  1. Mary Helen, I am tired just reading this! lol! But it all makes me smile, too. Brings back lots of memories of when my boys were little. I love that art happens 24-7 around you! Stay warm! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a joy to see the faces of those touched by art and you.
    Stay warm and safe in this wintery time. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I love this. You make such a difference and make so many happy with Art!
    xoxo
    Be careful out there! It's snowing here right now and there are lots of crazy drivers out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, yes you have been a very busy art lady! I wonder, have you earned that name in your community, "the art lady"? If so, it's a compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am often identifies as Art Lady whether I am making my Art, sharing free tips, helping children with school assignments, and working up to messy monkeys in April. This is a program to share how art can be brought into everyday life with young mothers and fathers...this in one hour four times in April that 2,3 and 4 year old children will make their Art to share with everyone! Our hands were the very first tools we used as babies! Have a great weekend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete