Thursday, February 7, 2013

hello sunshine....

 Wednesday started out normal...but at 6 AM the black ice took Ken's car on a thrill ride in our driveway...thank you M&P towing...


after two tow trucks arrived ken was on his way to school ...safely....a soft gray morning....
 Candice, my intern, went over to The Works to photograph the exhibit and we stopped by to visit her young son who was on a field trip to explore the Works.
 JoAnn  is our visiting glass artist and busy creating a few more collectible glasses ...they sold out at The Works Cocktails by the Fire.
 Larry Tuber...our glass artist is recovering from his bout with the winter bronchitis.... glad to have you back to normal...well normal for you :0)!
Candice and I sat down in the thermo imaging machine...look how hot my brain is??? Red Red Red!!!


Abby and Justin came in to bring me a soy candle for good health....it smells absolutely wonderful even without lighting it....Justin worked on his own creation ..a collage with colors...feathers...and sparkle paints.



 sweet visitors to my studio..........
 these children have the most beautiful eyes and skin.........
 the sun was shining now..........

 Colin has arrived and is ready and willing to get started.....he loves making art ....

 Kyle is fresh from his basketball practice...ready to make that one thing ...he is not sure yet but he is ready to explore..........
 Nicholas stands back and considers coming to the table...
 Nicholas decides to take his work to another table...distractions are very hard on him and he wants to focus....
Jerard comes and helps his Mom on family night...he is growing leaps and bounds..............
 Amber is only 4 years old......
 Amber loves the whole process...stickers too!!!! stamps!!  and glitter gems!!!!
 Natalie even decorated the envelope with feathers... and lip stamps...
 Justin is checking in with Mom... he brought special coins to share with the other children.........
 Kat is selecting special design elements............
 the two older girls ...had to study...they both have tests early tomorrow morning..............
 Amber and I are both engrossed with the glue and gems process...........
 Amber already knows exactly how she wants her composition to look......



 Dylan is my very quiet artist...he loves to draw.  He has a quiet spirit and I will miss seeing him every week.  Did I tell you...they are canceling Family night because they ...the restaurant continues to lose money.  The children come eagerly for the Art....but the fiscal responsibility is their priority.
Aris from Paris....I will miss you dearly.  Continue your journey...you have so much to share with your art.

Tonight Ken and I went out to a quiet dinner... I think he has picked up my grief for losing the family night.  Every thing happens for a reason but I have gotten very close these wonderful families. Maybe something in the future will develop....Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. I just realized ...how much I love my own photos of the people who walk into my studio!!!!!!!!!!!!Have a great day tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Peace, MHFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos as well, they always make me smile.
    You know the old saying about closing doors and windows being flung open.....be of good cheer, somehow it will work itself out for the families and you. But I will grieve for you and send you (((((hugs)))))) because I know how it is to get close to kiddos and then say fare well. xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear about family night, I know how it lifts your spirits and you shine on those kids......xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful faces and its sad that family night is ending. But think positive and the law of attraction will bring in more light.
    I love the thermal image photo.

    ReplyDelete