Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thank you Corrine Gilman...

I am home for the day to receive our Christmas present ...the new efficient furnace to warm us through the frosty winter days and nights. I have had the opportunity to review my prize package from Corrine (dos fishes) and she sent me a new publication "scrapbook & cards today" from summer 2010. There were many new products and essentials that I had never been introduced to. The cards and the tutorials were excellent but I will have to look around to pick up another copy. I love the designer challenges and use of three dimensional cut letters and customized labels for cards and gift wraps...the greatest advice is to just be you in your creations. I had no idea how many cutting and design products the Xyron Creatopia company had...flex rollers...fabric refillz...Cutz...Paternz....and Shapez for embossing. +The market place pages offer connnections with tools, and classes and get together weekends and retreats. Thank you Corrine for igniting my curiosity. I am the luckiest girl in the world...somehow this special package wrapped in love eased the pain of writing a check to pay for the rest of the furnace costs. Lord Help Us ...it is supposed to be 95 % energy efficient.

Mary Thedos gave me a glass making kit..and this afternoon Martha Stewart...no relation ...gave a demonstration of how to create handmade beads...a possibility I have wanted to do since I first met a wonderful glass artist here at the Works. I think next week I will visit the library before I make further purchases for the special torch and annealing ceramic fiber blanket ...I am sure these supplies are not cheap. Thank you Mary ...I know I want to call these future beads "Marilyn"...I am sure she is smiling down on me right now :O)!

I need to go get a warm shower...simple pleasures...and prepare dinner for the oven. I am working the Joan Baez show tonight and can hardly wait to hear her strong voice renewing the memories from past decades of my youth. Today the sunshine is glorious here so I am sending you all positive healing white light for creative living. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. You are so welcome. Have fun with new ideas. I admit to being addicted to reading about all that's possible out there. Hope your furnace keeps toes toasty. We are lighting our wood stove with vigor at night already and in the morning. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, Joan Baez! Enjoy being groovy again! And such great goodies - I look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan was very fragile tonight...I am so glad to be able to share 90 minutes with her in my presence. We all sang John Lennon's Imagine at the closing of the evening. I feel so blessed. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete