Saturday, October 30, 2010

Iconoclasts on Sundance and The Motorcycle Diaries


























I think...well I know.... I did too much too fast this past week and ended up with the sniffles and a fever and the afternoon in my bed with my attentive Little Rosie and my lovely black cat Desdemona. Ken had an opportunity to make his grades and computer obligations and catch up on the college football scores. I was tired and slept most of the afternoon away but I woke up to one of my favorite movies The Motorcycle Diaries ...two passionate doctors explore the South Americas during the early 1950's...truly an inspirational movie. Then on Iconoclasts Ron Howard and Steven Nash shared an hour about focus. discipline, creativity and their diverse professional lives. The discussion about the narrow definition of creativity and the choices we make daily to live a fully authentic life with challenges that will progress through the decades of our lives. Ken made breakfast for dinner and it tasted soothing and hopefully tonight I will get a good night sleep.

I have included several of the photographs from last night's opening... I hope you will enjoy our celebration of making a an artist life here in Newark, Ohio. At the same time the Newark Catholic seniors had a special dinner with their mothers so we shared their excitement of the upcoming state finals this afternoon. They are a wonderful group of young men and just being with them reassures me that the future is bright! Today I was made aware that our gallery next door is hosting a Wine and Art Auction for our Aids Task Force here in Licking County next Friday so I am working on a contribution for the auction. May your weekend be relaxing and enjoy the ones you love. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the opening. We experienced energy in the studio as friends and friends through art gathered to celebrate great talents and the energy that occured outside the studio with the seniors and moms celebrating their accomplishments and their futures. We are blessed and I think we all felt the blessings on Friday night! See you soon...
    Love and Prayers, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful opening. Hope you are feeling better. I love the full bearded piece by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The full bearded sculpture is of what Ray thought a gentle Moses would look like...the eyes are intriguing and and at the same time soothing. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete