Saturday, June 12, 2010

2010Granville Art Affair and Wine Festival....







On the Great lawn of the beautiful Bryn Du Mansion today we held a glorious art affair with 120 artists and the Granville Rotary hosting a wine festival to raise moneys for their generous works to change the world. I began the day at 9:30 am in the registration booth and the center of hustle and bustle. My job was relatively easy and under a tent to avoid the sunshine...I still got a little sunburned even under the tent :O)! I met wonderful volunteers and fantastic artists and musicians celebrating the art in about 90 degrees humid summer time heat. I drank way too much water but fortunately I avoided the porta-potties by sweating through my clothes and my hair remained damp all day. Around 5:30 pm I headed home from the big lawn party and straight into a cool cool shower! Ken made delicious chicken sandwiches with fresh strawberries and crisp celery sticks for dipping...I think this was a better alternative to salty tasty potato chips....right? The rest of the evening I have rested by watching Sundance Channel's Iconoclasts with Dave Chapel and Maya Angelou as guests interviewers. This was a very thought provoking hour with wisdom meeting intellect and a sharing of truths with two very charismatic people in our culture today. I highly recommend this program so if you get a chance you might want to check it out. I am including a few of my favorite photographs from today and tomorrow I promise to slow down....well I promise to try to slow down. Imagine and Live in peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Life is to be lived. Rest when you want to, need to and have to but I love all the different activities that you are involved in. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, glad you had good weather!!!
    The huidity and storms here have been crazy, and everytime I look at a posting of an outdoor event, I hope all made it through good and safe--as you did.
    Now, REST GIRL!!! (like I listen to that either....)

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete