Monday, May 20, 2013

....when making plans ...be careful what you plan......

 we had some new visitors...jade is in school with Branson...
 he was proud to share his portfolio...
 Jade has a curious approach to making art....
 the background of the big Cubism inspired "Brutus the big Mastiff"..........
 cubes...rectangles......squares......carefully applied with gel medium....
 continuing our Paris imaginary trip...I introduced him to Gertrude Stein.....friends of Braque and Picasso as they moved into cubism.............
 Gertrude and Alice.........
 collected the most wonderful collection of this Modern Art movement.....
 interesting face Alice B. Toklas.........
 Picasso's painting of Gertrude...
 Brutus is coming to life...............







this 2013's Courtyard Concerts...come on down!
No... I am not in Phoenix. I don't care.   My life is on hold....on Saturday morning my younger brother Larry suffered a massive heart attack.  There are no words...my life is broken and the tears will not stop.  I do not have the details...moving through the day like a ghost...I am trying to ...well get through this nightmare.  I went in to work with Branson...and I knew how hurt he would have been if I cancelled  and he was a gentle spirit.  I worked for two hours...mechanical motions but easy to perform and then went home to bed.  The phone continues to ring......once again I feel on a mechanical response...my eyes are swollen...I do not recognize the woman looking back in the mirror.  How could this be...one moment he was alive and happy...and the next moment the spirit is gone.

I put his post up for Branson to share with his friends.  I am not sure when I will come back.....My heart is hurting and my family will be reunited at the end of the week.  Pray for the family.  Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweet lady......I am so so very sorry for your loss........You know you have many in prayers for you and your family and I pray you find the strength you need....

    We will all still be here awaiting your faithfulness and art and life as before......

    My deepest sympathies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, I was visiting Patty and saw you comment. My deepest sympathy to you and sending peaceful healing wishes to you, I too just lost my DS a few weeks ago so I can relate,it breaks our hearts when we lose a sibling, my heart goes out to you, I too will pray for strenght for you in these coming days..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you back- keep on loving and sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to read about your brother, dear friend. I'm also sorry that I don't live closer so I could just sit with you, make you some tea and hand you tissues. My thoughts are still with you and your family. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete