Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tea for Tuesdays........with raindrops

I have experienced many ups and downs in the previous 12 hours ... today the sun was brilliant...then in about 20 minutes... torrents of rain fell.  Hopefully this will clean the air of a very high pollen count which makes our allergies difficult to deal with.  Then a brisk breeze and more sunshine arrived by noon.  I had a wonderful visit from Vie today and she is asking if I can help Dakota ...maybe in June.   Then Mr. Mike came over to say hello and catch up with Miss Vie.  The sunshine was back and brilliant again.... and Gail Boyer dropped by to check how I was coping this week.  I continued working on finishing my Father's Day cards...and listened to Leonard Cohen as the afternoon drifted into early evening.  I have been trying to catch up on my circle of blog posts ...and I am noticing there has been a shift in the moods of my artists friends....the new laws about adding sales tax on the Etsy sites and other shops over the Internet.  It is never easy to make a living selling your small works of the Internet and now roadblocks seem to be coming in from outside sources and new state legislation.  I continued my hand work...gathered my thoughts...made plans for another project...and then had my iced tea.  The iced tea seemed to be the right antidote for right now...too many things that I have no power over...and the realization that I have work to do.  Tomorrow might bring other information as the financial diversions continue to growl ....look at Washington....can anyone make a decision anywhere???    I can ...I can just work on my work. 
 my azalea has opened in beautiful blooms........
 My little surprise ...Vie stopped by for a quick lunch and a chat ...
 Mr. Mike came over to say hello and check on a photograph ...he looks great in purple......
 Jay had to say hello to Mr. Mike and then get back to his work in the deli........

 Gail came in after having lunch with Cheri...and to just say hello...
 this young lady stopped by ...Cheryl works for a radio station in Zanesville  107 and soft rock....

she has lost a dear friend to brain tumors... and the clouds opened and the tears flowed....rainfall to clear the air.........
 then now we have best friends planning an excursion on their motorcycles......in the very near future.....
 and now...I finished a special anniversary card for Miss Rita...they celebrated their 28th anniversary on May 4TH...
from one Kentucky girl to another Kentucky girl.......
And yes now you can see....I do have work to do...I feel like I am flitting around like a butterfly ...time to be still...real still.  May your day be full of adventures and surprises.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

....and thank a teacher for their dedication and love of the job!

6 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful lady..... I love reading in your blog......always so nicely laid out and just brings about a calm! I thank you for that! The azalea is GORGEOUS!

    I did not know there was going to be sales tax in sites to sell our works of art such as Etsy!?? UGH... I am going to have to do some looking....

    Blessings to you......


    Oh you asked about the silver branches......They will be part of reception center pieces for the youngest daughters wedding in July...Well that is IF they turn out~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so pretty and glad someone is getting some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure to post a pic of those branches in July! Rain in NJ today, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, meant the branches note under Reba's comment. Hope she sees this.

      Delete
  4. I really do not know how this tax issue is going to work out....big businesses like Amazon might make a difference but individual artists seem to be scratching out a living making their works. I can only hope for common sense in this matter. Have a great week! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete