Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The coolness of the early morning.............

I had a dentist appointment early this morning...and in the cool of the morning it seemed as if the cow family were there assuring me that all  would be fine...and it will.  I do need a new crown...yes for $1000 you can have a new crown but not on your sweet little head.  i think I will have to make myself a crown ...for courage to pull through this ordeal.  Yikes I better sell a lot of ART in the near future.  The cows were gathered under the bow of a down tree...and relaxing...waiting to just see if the rain was going to return today?  The babies ...the calves are growing up right before my eyes. 

After an hour in the chair...my pearly teeth are now smooth and clean.  I went to the studio and spent some time revisiting my journal from last summer for "Whispers in the Trees" at Dawes Arboretum.  I enjoy going back and reading my little scribbles and notes to the project.  The sketches and watercolors remind me to get started on the Phoenix journal and complete the travel kit for next week.  Leslie came in and we chatted about my dear Branson...I am hopefully planning to have a soiree for him on May 31...a Friday evening drop in to support his process and journey.  I shared a couple of works that are in  process...and shared how we will display them on the big table!  We still have so much to complete but this should a celebration for him.

Two tiny visitors came in for a quick run around....Collin and Landon are so energetic and never seem to slow down ...even when they are eating.  Collin is the oldest and just about as curious as a monkey can be.  So many questions and so many touches...what is this?   What is it used for?  Can I DO THIS?  YES WHEN I come back from Arizona we will all get together for some monkey business.

a morning gathering among friends....
 then this little one was taking a time out....look at that sweet curly face.........
 Collin and Landon are little angels with one ton of energy.....cuter than dirt!!!!
 some of my journal pages from last year...........
 look.......see........compare....contrast..........soft earth browns.......
 a quick sketch .......for my Lupus panel for Whispers in the Trees...........
inspirational photograph patterns and circles.........
 I am not sure where this will show up in the future but I keep returning........to this composition.............
 fern feathers and tree limbs...................
 an example of a different approach to some of my trees..........play time..........
 reminders that no one succeeds alone.........thank you Abby for your loving support.............
 tiny bits and pieces reassembled for my new journal...envelopes for tiny bits of evidence and inspirations............
 my Irises are about to announce their arrival..........hopefully the deer will not think of them as a salad bar while I am gone...........
 my sweet ferns are beginning to unfurl ...these are special to me...I love to see the fiddleheads opening their swirls...........
 the sunlight is fading...and a graceful flirting of the fleeting day's light leaving my hillside..........
lilies of the valley...sweet fragrance as bells tinkling in the evening mist.............simple tiny blossoms that bring grace to my small garden...........








I hope you have had a blessed day in your studio.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. It is good to stop and smell the roses, or...watch the cows. I love to do that! LOL
    Love the circles. I used to do lots of free motion quilting of circles. It can be a very interesting pattern.
    The ferns and the flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cows, your art, the flowers all a delightful beginning to my day. Thanks my friend, Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the circles also, and lily of the Valley is a favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year my Dentist said I needed a root canal. I told her to just pull the tooth then. She didn't want to so she did some more drilling and filled it. Then she said I would need a crown. At the time the cost was $800. I never went back for it. I just don't chew anything hard or nutty on that side of my mouth. I never eat caramels anyway but now I won't for sure. I heard that a crown can come off pretty easy too. So, no crown for me!
    I love your sketchbook, especially the drawing of the butterfly.
    No, the Poms that I have know were never suspicious...just very bossy! LOL!
    Take care of yourself!
    xoxo - Cindi

    ReplyDelete