Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday I was blessed with sweet innocent artists I have know since they were in high school....

I  have been busy working on a special little memento for my intern Candice.  Before I knew it I was blessed with two incredibly bright young women who both share a passion for the Arts and love photography.  Mackenzie Packam is getting back to her love of camera lens documentation.  Rachel Lauren has been documenting and recording her passion for awareness and many misunderstandings concerning wolf dogs.  She has just returned from Yellowstone and followed the same wolf pack documented by the 2013 documentary on National Geographic.  Rachel has taken her Lucien in many public arenas here in our community...Loews...Michaels....Granville... and many photo shoots in the Hocking Hills.  She traveled down to Alabama to pick up her latest charge...an 11 week old wolf dog pup named Eddard.  I look forward to seeing where each young woman's journey takes them....remarkable women with passion and vision in their hearts.

Tomorrow I will be going over to Columbus to take part in Marshall Cole's Grandparent Visitor Day at Columbus Academy.  I have never been to this school before but Ken and I will be getting up very early to pick Cole up and enjoy the day's festivities.  Then we are going to lunch together ...and depending on the weather we will find something FUN to do in the afternoon.  If it rains as predicted...I am hoping we will go to The Columbus Museum of Art and take in The Rothko Exhibit. 

We had special visitors from Columbus City Schools and they came over to have lunch and I share with them how well behaved they were on this field trip .  I hope they will come back soon.
 This tiny little girl ..barely ate her lunch but she was full of JOY!!!
 This young man communicates with his tablet....soft sweet brown eyes gaze back into my heart.
 This is the beginning of a chip board Graduation book I am making for Candice....we are waiting to hear from her interview ....
 the love of photography....the challenge of a new job...a celebration for her accomplishments.......

 time is the greatest gift we can bestow ...her work will take her far...and yet her family is precious to her........
 finding balance between family .... and a passion for her photography.....
 Her Faith...her spirituality....will guide her heart....and travels......
 wings to lift the heart when the journey becomes heavy.........
 Congratulations on your accomplishments...I look forward to celebrate where you will go..............write........photograph........ record your experiences........
 This is a remarkable young woman I have known since she graduated from Newark Catholic High School....then she graduated from Columbus School of Art and Design.......and now travels to photograph the beauty in the wild wolf  packs of Yellowstone.  She owns two wolf dog....Lucien is a tall courageous animal and the 11 week old pup Eddard is her constant care............just like having a small child.  She came and I introduced her to Janice LaRosa for further communication concerning an art/science exhibit for 2015 at The Works.  Rachel returned from a journey out in Yellowstone to photograph and document the restored wold pack in Yellowstone.  You can see and learn more when you check out the National Geographic special about the lives of wolves living in Yellowstone.  She is an advocate for education and understanding when working with the life cycle in the mountains out West.
 Liz the intern from The Works came by before she left for her job up North in the wilds of Minnesota...she will be the guide for canoe adventures designed for women who are seeking a touch of the Wild.  I love this kid!  I look forward to see her photos when she comes back at the end of the summer excursions.
Mother Francis and Rory were wishing her well before Liz is off in the wild blue yonder lakes of Minnesota!
 Here is a new resource catalog...with the latest trends in the paper  Arts.........I look forward to receiving some new ideas working with papers from around the world.........
 I love our courthouse on a sunny afternoon..........
 The weather is slowly changing...probably moving into a evening of Spring showers.........
 I visited the studios of four young business/artists sharing their space ...and ideas fro creativity..........Tom is working on some new silk screen designs....survivors shirts
 the tools of this artist are intriguing............
 these two computer whiz people are working on a special order ...........as well as teaching.......
 Garrett is the ringleader and actually one of the best teachers and photographers I have been privileged to get to know working with COTC...........he is on his way to a wedding demonstration and possible shoots for the future....
 Aimee's little shadow and artist AJ have a great relationship...she is working on some Art to donate for an auction at her school to raise funds for Cancer research..............dare to be strong to give to self.....to family ...and to community!!!!  AJ is getting some new teeth............see that beautiful smile.


I was intrigued with this background used in their specialized photo shoots.........
 yes there is everything one would need ...refreshments and a microwave.......
 the sitting area for a place to work on collaborations....special projects...and future jobs.........
 I am in love with this old Underwood typewriter...I had one much like this when I was in college.........
Mackenzie Packham came in on her lunch 40 minutes...........she is the one who took the photo of me this afternoon...........another graduate from Newark High School and hopefully will be collaborating and on photo shoots with Rachel.  I am so blessed to have seen these young women blossom in their journey.



I have to get up very early tomorrow and as you can see I have had a very busy day!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment