Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Happy Birthday Ken....and TGIF...........

My studio was very warm today but not nearly as warm as the deli across the way.  I worked quietly on moving "stuff" around and in preparation for the big Mastiff collage  with Branson tomorrow.  I put some more thoughts into what I might need when I fly away on Sunday.  I worked on organization and zip lock bags for traveling...clear...see through and functional when it comes to knowing where certain materials are kept.  I received a beautiful photo this morning of the most precious hot pink cactus flower in full bloom at the Desert Botanical Gardens.  This is a location I am looking forward to visiting ... maybe even more than once.  I have to decide what hat to pack...like my time in Australia I already know that sunscreen and a big brimmed hat at necessary for keeping cool and safe. 

I came home and took a few photographs of the flowering blooms in my small garden on the hillside.  The simple daisies ...the dandelions in whispering bloom known as "wishing flowers"  I started to take a photo but Roxie got in the way and knocked it down before I could get my shot.  The day lilies are just beginning their one day of beautiful life...a sacred reminder.  My stars are bright red blooms and the clematis is just beginning to open up.  The irises are just about ready to spread their folds and fly into brilliant colors. I hope you enjoy the moment of time...my old camera is still working and I have to decide whether to take one or both??? I only want one suitcase....I can do this and be frugal in my packing.  I usually take way too much!
 the daisies have returned to my valley..... after a long winter's sleep.......
 I love the simplicity of this sturdy perennial wildflower..........
 simply grace .............
 Averi brought in a tiny little artist...she wanted to get down and see up close.......
 the baby's aunt is one of Averi's best girl friends..........sweet girls loving on a very sweet baby girl....
 the purple irises are up and ready to shine in the afternoon's sunshine.........
 the wild phlox are also gracing our hillside...........
 five beautiful star lilies seem to be smiling up to my camera lens.........
 no hummingbirds have arrived yet... but we are ready and willing to have them come for a stay...........
 Happy Birthday Ken...Happy 65!!!  It is not the beach front of the ocean but here in Licking county it is as good as it gets.........
 the first yellow day lily blushes as it peeks up from the bottom of the plant.........
 my burgundy irises are just beginning to pierce the opening of the bloom....
 Roxie is being bossy and wants her photo taken too!!! Look how cute I am Mom!!!
 Rosie and Roxie being very good puppies! A rare sight here but very much appreciated.............
my first pink clematis is just beginning to open.....in mother's garden..........






have a great  weekend..........
enjoy the moments in the quiet and I will check back in tomorrow....
Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your hubby!
    Your flowers are gorgeous. I've never seen star lillies, they are beautiful.
    I know you are getting excited about your trip. Yes, it is most likely hot there, as we hit 96 today here in south Texas. Drink lots of water too! Most of all I know you will have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially love the Lillie's and vessel with threads. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Hubs! He looks younger than 65!
    Love all the photos. I have an explosion of Daisies here too.
    Everywhere! Even in my driveway! LOL!
    Yep, Roxie looks like a bossy Pom but an adorable one.
    Is Rosie a Yorkie? Very cute.
    I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!
    xoxo - Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie is a Yorkie /Maltese...and as sweet as can be. Yes Miss Roxie is totally bossy!! Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete