Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kelly's Haiku....perfect for today Wednesday

Above,
brittle starlight-
magnolia petals glitter with dew.

Today after the brief rainfalls we are seeing the flowers and trees bloom almost everywhere.  The fragrance of lilacs ...the honeysuckle....even the azalea bush seems fragrant but the problem is the bees are buzzing all around and I am so allergic to bee stings. 

Today I my intern Candice had her interview ...one week after graduation and I think she has landed a great job!  They are calling her tomorrow and she will start next Tuesday!  I am so proud of you!  You are so focused...persistent...and darn talented.  The job market is tough but you are tougher!

I continued my work on the last Father's Day cards....and began working on the graduation series.  Abby came in to share her invitation to the pastels exhibit at the High Road Gallery...I will scan this card in tomorrow with the times and dates.  Abby your work is continuing to amaze me with the depth and textures you are developing in your sacred marks.  We are looking forward to attending this celebration of pastel artists.  You GO girl!

 the team is back....planning for the Art Camp...oh I wish I could go!!!
 Larry is in charge of glass lessons developed.......
 Janice is the lady with the power....she is a genius and has life time experience...she worked for Disney!!!
 Jim Arder is the artist extraordinaire....he is such a JOY!!!
 Here is tiny Noah....with his proud grandpa...look at thos cheeks..............
 Let us all send Candice positive affirmations ...her interview went well and she should hear maybe even tomorrow.  They want her to start next Tuesday!!!  She is a champion!
My dear Abby brought me a chocolate decaffeinated tea to try to help me with my headaches....and a special bone pacifier for Miss Roxie!!!
 The excitement builds and then Abby is called away...her sweet husband is a SWAT officer and he was called in a situation over in Columbus.
 Sue came in for a brief chat...she is a loving counselor who shares a zest for life and living in the present.

 My Bridge ladies came back for lunch and their monthly get together....this was a moment to pause before they make a bid!!!
 Our courthouse was golden early in the afternoon...the rain was returning for the evening..........
 I wish I could have caught the fleeting moment when the light was really shining on the clock...fleeting because by the time I had pulled over to park...the light had changed.
 the blues were brilliant......
 the rain clouds are moving in to fill the thirst of the Spring soil...........
 oh the azalea is so beautiful............
 I tried to capture a yellow jacket drinking in the sweetness of the flowering bush...........
 I have two lilac bushes....this one has light purple blooms and a fragrance to die for.......
these are so pale in color...almost a soft lilac white bloom.....

 Here is the beginning of a hummingbird garden....the more reds and deep colors the better.......
 lilies for peace.............
 a bright red lily to attract ...hopefully these miracles with wings.........
 the second collection of lilacs have a deeper lilac color in their blooms........
I find a sense of grace and reverence when I walk around the trees and shrubs along side my house...my sanctuary in the woods.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. OH, your garden is lovely. I will just have to imagine the smell of the lilacs, as we can't grow them or the azaleas here. I know it will give you a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting patiently for the first angel of a hummingbird to arrive. Have a great day! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim Arder is the real Marvel Hero...he spent the afternoon in the middle school sharing his ideas about RESPECT............he blesses all who get to know him!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace, MHFS

    ReplyDelete