Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday in Whispers and Echoes Studio

I had a special visit from Kathy and Ted and we chatted about the upcoming Art Walk in June 2013 around the courthouse square.  I think I am going to be painting a life sized horse made of fiberglass for Ted...but he put a nix on a 60's color scape!  Chris Lang stopped by to discuss our studio drop in sessions and the possibilities and challenges each one brings.  Then Candice dropped by between her video class and another COTC student Sarah stopped by ...just to see what is going on in this messy studio.  Gail Boyer stopped to purchase a  card for her life long friend who lives in California.  I finally got to work on my collage and spent time punching out beautiful vellum paper in green for a bright jungle vine or two.  After work I went to pick up prescriptions and select groceries for the next week.  I bought a beautiful 3 1/2 pound roast for Sunday with a boat load of vegetables ...I hope to get two maybe three meals for the week from this afternoon of food preparation. 

 Ted and Chris share some ideas about the upcoming Art Walk in June 2013....and we talked about the studio drop in sessions...
 COTC student and Gail dropped by ...a quick chat..
Candice and Gail enjoyed sharing their times at COTC....Gail actually knew Candice's father who is also a teacher...
 a baby elephant coming to life...




selecting just the right greens and making punches for jungle vines...
neither one of us slept well last night ...tossing and turning and still no resolution in Mom Stewart's state in the nursing home.  I am frustrated being so far from home and I know we will soon make a trip home.  I wish you all a very relaxing weekend...more candlelight...more quiet moments... and a new Emmy Lou Harris CD to ease me through my workday.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart


p.s.  Happy March !!!! Spring is just around the corner...







2 comments: