Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday and the week seems to be a blur....

I spent time working in the studio and several people came in to chat and check the progress on a couple projects.  Sue had a quick bite to eat before her next appointment,  Michelle came in to report she has more restoration work and Jim stopped by with the last replacement light bulb for my work space.  It is amazing how Thomas Edison's invention of the light bulb improves the quality of being able to see my works in progress.  I think I have finished my donation piece for Saint Francis's auction.  They wanted a piece of work and agreed to buy a gift certificate as well.  I appreciate them buying as well as asking for a donation.  This collaboration helps everyone involved.  I also made a few more cards...by requests...and will work on completing my jungle piece for the Doyles new addition to their family!!

I had a wonderful day yesterday and full of laughter and encouragement.  Abby and Justin came in and we had lunch together ...we made ATC's together and hopefully will get together soon for an evening of shared Art exercises in the very near future.  I mistakenly thought the Open studio was yesterday...collage play for four hours but it is not until next Thursday!  Well I have all my supplies ready to go ...and still time to add a few additional explorations.  I visited our local Farm and Fleet Store on the way home...they have their Spring shipment of babies ...chicks...ducks...pullets... and a variety of birds that I thought look alike...but were different!  I just enjoyed watching the families coming in to check all the babies out.  My grandfather gave us baby chicks when we were small...but they were dyed in pastel colors.  We usually ended up with roosters that went to live in the country with Aunt Stella.  Now that is a whole post just in itself...maybe someday later I will share my Aunt Stella stories.

 hopeful buds ...soon yellow daffodil kisses...
 Abby and Justin brighten my work table!
 a future new grandfather....he can not wait to love his grand babies and share the stuff Art is created from...
 Susan is holding a future Messy Monkey who wants to get down...Now!
 Her mom and big sister Caroline are finishing their lunch and checking out a new book...
 Justin played with alphabet stamps...putting his name backwards so you can read it when his name is  printed...

 The Big time Wrestlers Jay and Justin  have a tumble down....
 the photo from the 1960's with discolorations and even a tear or two...
 until Michelle performed her magic ...restored...colorization....reprinted...there seems to be a bit of Elvis going on here...
 Great job Michele....
 Justin and I shared his first ATC trading card....he put deputy sheriff stickers and stars on both sides...
 look at those beautiful eyes...she is ready as soon as she finishes her lunch...ready to paint...
 Momma readies the young artist to return to The Works....
 great hat...to keep those little ears safe and warm.........
 one of the second shift employees came over for a quick lunch and checked in with what is going on in the studio.....she works in the gift shop...
 Dad Ryan helping Hannah with her homework.............
 a messy little collage ...hummingbird...maybe...
 my three little girls are growing up so fast...........
 glasses are now very IN for photo shoots..... Sabrina made the softball team and I will be attending a game or two in the very near future......
 a beautiful Peace lily........soft pastel colors.....
 Spring is budding here in their kitchen.......
 Babies checking out babies.............
 chicks.............
more chicks........
 and baby ducks..............
 and even more baby chicks..........
 Roxie reminded me that she is just as cute as those baby chicks...........
 health warnings...wash your hands ...and new father Papa Larry checking in on the jungle collage for baby Doyle..........
 my friend Jim replacing my burnt out light bulbs...gratitude ...thank you...Merci!!!!
 Michelle and Sue share a laugh or two.........
 I found this great tool set for $3.00 at Odd Lots....great for putting grommets into purses...shower curtains...and such...........
I love new tools......




Create collage...1
 Create collage 2 view............
 final details...my donation to St. Francis ...and they will purchase a gift certificate to go along with it...........
 oh my messy work table...................but I just love it!!!!!!!!!
 Ta dah!!!  I think I really like this...tomorrow I will add the back cover...............when all is dry.
 Justin's puppy and Abby's Care Bear.......my silent audience......







Alden has some new playmates.........
I have a young man coming in tomorrow and we plan to play with some pastels...I think he shows a natural aptitude with his shading skills.  We were not able to get together last week...so this should be energized !!!  I hope you enjoy the photos...I like being able to recall my day with the people who share their visions with me.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

6 comments:

  1. The chicks remind me of when we had chickens and now I'm tempted to build a small coop again and may be just get a few. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your door is always open! Wish I could just drop in and share part of my day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are richly blessed to be a blessing. I so enjoy coming here and seeing all the love. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Helen.......the non exhaustible energy that you pour into all you do for others is an encouragement to all of us!(And makes us feel a little lazy!)
    My daffodils look about the same as yours! Won't it be wonderful when they actually bloom!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much love and life going on there. :) And I see Alden is a very social guy - lol! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those little chicks and ducks!
    and Roxie is right, she is the cutest!
    :)

    ReplyDelete