Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The sun was shining but the windchill stunning when you walked outside....

I am so grateful for my day...I was visited by several friends...made some decisions to be available... listened with me heart....witnessed the miracle of Spring calves... daydreamed while studying the clouds....made a story board art page with my friend Justin....had a shared lunch with Alice...and met a new police team for the sheriff ....La Lord is a Belgium just like the other working patrol dogs.  The day just flew by...maybe I did not get enough work completed but I am grateful for all the people who support my dream of having my own studio.  I wish you all the same joy and honor I feel...  I am living an artist life.  My photos document the inspiration and the joys discovered daily when living a creative life.  I know I am blessed.

I have some more very exciting news.  My niece Amber Rose and her husband Michael welcomed their new baby daughter Riley Elizabeth at 7 pounds 14 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long at 4:08 pm.  I spoke to my sister Donna and we both were in tears...we both hate being so far away.  Her big brother Mason is two years and one month older...he is a dear one and has stolen our hearts from the moment he was born.  I will share a photo when I can....and I hope to see them all early in June in Louisville, KY.  I told you that we had miracles today.... a blessing for us all.

I finished the donation piece and made a special gift certificate for the St. Francis Elementary school's auction at the end of the week.  This should help them continue with their limited Art programs.  Every child deserves to make Art.

 this baby is checking me out....I am not sure how old he is but he does not have his pierced green tag in his ear..............
 Alice has created sets of hand stamped cards in her own designer card stock box....they are a treat in themselves  and she is getting ready for the upcoming  art and craft sales coming up....
 Scott came in with a couple of the other patrol teams for a lunch break...they had been out training all morning....
 here is the county's only police dog...La Ford....he is very loyal to his trainer and absolutely beautiful.............
 a powerful officer ready to work at a command.......
 pure adoration....she speaks in German to him and he is so powerful....all muscle and only four years old....
 I will be beginning a new portrait of La Lord...I still need to get Bear started...and finish Ike..........
 the twins sunning themselves in the warmth of clean hay....
 his ears and eyes are so expressive....he has special markings on his left ear...they look like white hearts.......
Justin is creating his story board about fishing out at Dawes Arboretum during a fierce thunderstorm..........but he has the sun shining through the clouds....  first he sketched in pencil......then he added color pencils .....and then additional colored markers...........  well done Justin....


 "Create" collage along with the gift certificate for St. Francis Elementary.........
 this may be the best photo that I got of the new police officer.......
 colorful.....inspiring.........and this could be yours if you bid right......
 I still have not found time to watch The Guardians........... Justin highly recommends this movie......
 a mother's loving touch...........
 another new calf...watching from a far...everything is so New........
 two brave young spirits frolicking in the open area yet to be discovered............
 check out the daffodil buds.......... almost ready.....
 Desdemona casts a soft shadow....she is at least 21 years old...
soon ...very soon.....



have a great week and count your blessings......say thank you...and express your gratitude for simple gifts and dear friendships.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. Okay, you had me at the baby cow, then the dog and cat and all that fun you are having with the kids....I want to be playing as a messy monkey with you too....xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know you are always ... always invited to be a messy monkey with us any day!!!!!! Enjoy the sunshine. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching juxtaposition of new calf and elderly kitty. Treasuring each day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pleasure to read your blog M-H. I think you pack in to one day what I do in a week! My goodness you are a busy woman. I love how you are able to describe in such loving detail the experiences that touch your huge heart!

    ReplyDelete