Sunday, March 17, 2013

What a glorious weekend...Branson....LCA with Chris Lang...and the Blue and Gold banquet with my Weblos........... t

I have to catch my breath...so today I have enjoyed the OSU replay marathon of my beloved Downtown Abby while I begin sorting my clothes and doing laundry!  The skies remained a soft gray velvet cover over the landscape...but the house was warm and cozy.  I piddled the day away as Ken continued working on our taxes for 2012..and watch the finals for March madness ...the brackets are now out and officially being made serious considerations.  

I had a wonderful morning with Branson and we worked with different pastels...in pencils...with oils...soft, soft chalky pastels.  Yes it was a bit messy but I do believe that he enjoyed his exercises.  I have a small art journal for him to carry and capture his inspirations and ideas for his designs.  We had cookies and milk and an almond nut bar for fortification...so he had plenty of energy.  I hope you enjoy his progress...he is doing so well here.  I told him he was an artist....You are an artist!  His smile almost brought me to tears.

I came home in the drizzle and took a quick nap.  Ken was still trying to unravel our taxes and deep into the rivals playing basketball during March madness!  I got up and headed over to the Blue and Gold Cub Scout annual dinner.  The young men shared their accomplishments and their Art portfolios...and gave me ghastly details how the pig/hog was butchered and cooked all day for tonight's dinner.  And for the ultimate tasty treat.... there was fresh ground hog stew....with baked potatoes...applesauce ... and coleslaw!  Hot rolls with butter!!!  Then we entered the big hall for the announcements ans presentation of their merit badges.  Unfortunately...there had been a change in plans with a guest speaker ...the Christian Rocketeer .  He ended up on stage until 8:300 and we were scheduled to be out of there by 8 PM. I made my apologies to my gentlemen  Josh, Sean, Haiden, Trevor, Zach and Collin!!! I came home and went to bed.  I love being with these little gentlemen and know that the world is going to be better for us all.  Yes...I did taste the vegetables and broth from the ground hog stew...all eyes were on me so I had to try!!!

 I missed my Branson last week...he seems very happy to be here again....
 He is experimenting with pastel pencils...soft applications and then shading with his fingertips....
 then He jumped into his soft chalky pastels...small but mighty application of colors..........
 Branson began with his puppy sketch....
 a snack or two helps him focus.....
 a small part of a landscape....shading with a tissue ...blending....creating shadows.......
 His Mom brought in the end roll from the newspaper....great for sketching mindless projects......
 new supplies that were on a nice clearance ...for mixed mediums....and to finish a birthday card....

 LCA had hosted a felting workshop with our very own Chris Lang....she was filled to the gills with 18 participants..........Great working with Chris anytime..........



Kay Kenyon organized this workshop...
 Now to get all of this stuff back together.......in an orderly fashion...... she brings all the supplies you might need to make your own felted pin..........
 my special birthday card ...that is supposed to be a hummingbird.............stretch your imagination here and stop laughing.......
 Brent is polishing his guitar ...he looks great doesn't he!  He is a great guy who I met over 20 or so years ago when he came to Summer Camp.................
 the twins Susan and Carol handling the computer stuff...............
 the Blue and Gold Banquet for the local Boy Scouts..........Zach was there and ready to share his works..........
 Collin, Sean and Trevor compare notes and sketches with each other........ I think they were really happy I showed up.
 the LCA will have a workshop next month of making stab notebooks........
 Collin is a real cute young man...boy can he eat.........
 Zachary was sharing his first sketches.....
 this is Collin's beginning of his still life composition.........
 I was so happy to meet Zachary's grandmother.........and later I met his mother!
 Josh shares his painting of his spider plant...........
 look how much food was prepared just for this banquet.............
 Lilly is eying her BIG bowl of the specialty...Ground Hog stew...and yes she did eat hers.....
 Zachary and Haiden checked out the cake table before they cut the big cakes...........
 the boys are really wanting the cakes to be cut now..........

 The Buccholz family..with Cole and Noah with their beautiful Mom...Dad had an opening down in Lancaster on the same night.........
 the rocket table up on the main altar........
 Josh and Haiden are in the front row...ready to learn about rockets....this is somewhat scary but the boys seemed very excited to get started..........
 more robots and rockets...........
 a rocket to take home............???








Zachary is trying to be good but the jokes keep coming..............I truly felt special just being there for their celebration.............
I hope you have had a relaxing weekend...I am still waiting for the daffodils to bloom.  Maybe tomorrow!!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing community you have. Everyone seems so involved in the act of living and not just sitting on the sidelines. Hope you are feeling o,ay these days. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I said it correct...groundhog stew!!! Now if I can find the check to cover my work with the Weblos! Have a great week! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a lot of very good artists in this post!
    :)

    ReplyDelete