Monday, March 18, 2013

Whew what an ugly Monday.......but my heart was shining

I met with Marcia Downes and the couple who are creating cardboard suitcase like Art boxes to have a trial performance and questionnaire when I begin my Messy Monkeys Art experiences for four weeks in April.  The classes are going to be on Thursday mornings at 10:00 AM and the parents are invited to participate and ask questions.  I will begin each session with a monkey story inspiration on the reading circle rug...thank you Marcia for this inviting space to share our thoughts and energies.  Then we will begin in on the Art processes that I am developing and hopefully will employ working with our hands!  I have ordered several of my favorite  children's stories and have collected more than enough activities and ideas.  Now I need to sit down and formulate my project plan and list of materials. 

Then I returned to my studio to finish my large collage for the baby that will soon arrive and grace our hearts.  Candice came in and is researching the tall cactus that fill the landscape in the Arizona desert.  I now have several approaches in the construction of my desert flowers.  Hopefully I can begin creating the individual flower blossoms and work in a unit approach as I have the dyed fabrics in production.  I am still in a quandary about exhibit space  but I have ordered scarves to be dyed in the new Dharma Fall dye colors.  I cannot wait for them to arrive....it is just like Christmas!  The Dharma Trading Company catalog is filled with delicious new products and the company is always available to answer questions on just about any project. 

I have included several photos of today's progression...I know there is a risk involved...but without taking a chance...we never really experience new adventures! 

 Sue is traveling with her young family to a mission in Senegal tomorrow...God bless and keep her and her family safe......
 getting ready for Monday talks Spring lecture and luncheon........beautiful blooms for a rainy, cold Monday...Mother Nature's sunshine.....
 a prototype of some of the boxes....
 several other samples....
 joyful little puppy ready to make Art!
 the Road Trip Art Box....we shall see where this road takes us...........I will share more information in the near future.........
 Candice my intern and another COTC student Lee shared some very positive news...two of their classmates have been offered jobs with a 6 figure salary....these students are working and now reaching their goals....... gainful employment.
 some of my Monkey silly collages..........


 the collage is coming together..almost ready for baby Doyle...........
 two new books....PBS has features Daniel G. Amen's lecture about the differences in the male and female brains.......

Sheryl Sandberg's very provocative new book Lean In ...she has also been sharing her views on several of the news channels........... food for thought........
 playing with paper punches to make Monkeys.....
A very special family ...a young family is visiting Senegal tomorrow for Spring Break and helping in a missionary center.  Please say a prayer for the five of them...they will become a changed family during this experience and they will change the world around them when they safely return.  God bless and keep you all.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. love the Monkey collages.
    I want a 6 figure job too!
    Yes, sometimes it's good to lean in
    and sometimes to lean WAY out.
    sending positive thoughts and energy to the young family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monkey collage is so cute! And I need to unleash the power of MY female brain. ;)) Take care, my busy friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grand daughter would love this monkey post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Lean In on my book list to read.

    ReplyDelete