Thursday, March 7, 2013

The last 48 hours have been quite a whirlwind....

I think I will summarize the last two days by adding the photos...many visitors...many questions.. and time with Candice on a Snow day with Sophia and Braden.  They (the little ones) had a quick lunch and we went over to the Works to share in the glass blowing demonstration wit JoAnn.  JoAnn does an awesome job sharing her process with the children in a knowing and kind manner.   The home school students ... were there with the families and the energy was kinetic!  The snow came in in a flurry in the morning but with the warm temperatures in the afternoon soon depleted the beauty of this morning.  I was already tired from the Weblos the night before... so a slow morning was very much appreciated.  Today was a beautiful sunny day and the song birds were all in chorus announcing the coming of Spring.  Today....Roxie chewed through her collar...again... and was off and running...the little vixen had me in tears.  Without her collar and tags...no one would know who owned her as she galloped all over the hidden valley on our street.  I walked up and down the hilly road to call out for her but...she was no where to be found.  Just when I was ready to throw in the towel...she came running up to from the woods.  I remained calm but I will have to secure a better and more safe collar to keep her in our landscape. 
                                                                       the glass studio is a magic place...........
 Congratulations Danielle!  She has graduated from college and is working full time for First Federal Bank..... I am so proud of her!
 a little future messy monkey?


 another future Messy Monkey is coming with his great, wonderful Grandmother!
 Happy Birthday Brenda!  She was visiting with the Gathering Place today and stopped by the studio...we worked together years ago at the YES Club....
 her big brother enjoys a special photo with the founding father of the Works...Howard LeFevre...
 a gallery tour with the wonderful group from The Gathering Place....
 they had some great observations...........
 my Messy Monkeys discovered the Gift Shop............
 a little clue to our upcoming exercises....
 a whirr of sounds coming from the magic tubes..........
 the possibilities are infinite...the sky is opening up and the air is clearing...and the smell of the earth renews my anticipation of the coming Spring..........
 my table is filled with a welcoming colors and opportunities!!!!!
 my work table is covered with bits and pieces ...






the beautiful Crocus is blooming with kisses of optimism.......
I met with some pretty excited little Messy Monkeys....in April I will work with 2, 3 and 4 year old artists....for one hour exploring painting with our hands...clay ... print making...stencils... and Monkey masks!!  I am stenciling the little artist aprons ...with special buttons and embellishments !   I think we can really have some experiential art explorations!  Enjoy the photos as I return to My Thursday with Project Runway! making prom dresses with duct tape! 

I hope you are holding your heart near...I am taking some risks...and the anticipation is fluttering in my heart!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. ...blooming with kisses of optimism....what lovely words. :) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete