Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whispers in the trees at Dawes....dawn has arrived















I have had a long day ...been up with the little pup after Ken leaves for work and I caught a beautiful sunrise outside on my front porch. The rays of sunshine seemed to wash over me as I prepared for my day...laundry...making lunch... collecting more supplies from my upstairs home studio. It is funny how 13 miles south ...and I feel as if I have gone on a retreat from the world. The quiet...the space...the trees and young sprouts coming up from a winter's sleep...the songs of small birds announcing their arrival ...the gentle breezes are all parts of a symphony for the sense. The earth has a rich fragrance this time of year...the soil is coming alive once again and welcomes the warmth of the sunshine and the arrival of tomorrow's spring showers. This is a real performance of Nature's ballet moving back into the seasonal cycles of rebirth and life. Enjoy my photos and now I need to go and renew my dyeing rules and regulations from Ann Johnston's wonderful books ...she was one of my favorite teachers from about 20 years ago. I also received Seth Apter's new book The Pulse and I want to dive in....am I a greedy girl or what??? Thank you for all you are giving me vicariously through the sweet encouragement of your gentle words. Peace be with you, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

6 comments:

  1. A new spot, a new challenge and I am not surprised that your creative juices are flowing.
    I can't wait for the weather to get warmer in Wisconsin so I can start to play with my dyes outside. What fun you are having. Now, I have to play through your work. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me I am just flying by the seat of my pants!!! You two are having a vacation for me. I did rest today while the dyes were settling...I took a beach towel and laid on the floor with Roxie. Party on sister! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

      Delete
  2. You never cease to amaze me of your wonderful things that go on in your blog. I would so want to be surrounded by people and creativity as you always are. As for your question on the trees cartridge for Cricut, it's called Serenade. IMO, it's the best one there is. I think they quit making it, but you can still find people selling it on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend...I will search for it this weekend!!! Have a great weekend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

      Delete
  3. Good to be greedy for yourself once in a while. The fabrics from yesterday are so fantastic Mary Helen. So looking forward to watching this project progress. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need to add a dance to my space...I jumped in with vivid bright yellow and then moved to an orange and red play!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

      Delete