Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday comes a rolling in....the weather was rocking here in Ohio.....










I think I have recovered from my Saturday. I met great people at the Early Childhood Conference, wore some bright green for St. Patrick's day, some tight but very cute pink ballet slippers (that gave me blisters) and fell into my bed as soon as I came home. I made about 50 cents an hour for the participants but received high recommendations for my efforts and activities. I really have to reevaluate doing something like this again...I was too tired for anything else I might want to do.

Today I washed some beautiful turquoise dyed fabrics...they took the colors smoothly and yet a hint of the spring green appears in the random manor as if one were looking up into a clear sky!!! I got our family laundry caught up and went out in the warmth of the sunshine to see the clematis is appearing to green up its small trellis. The forsythia is in full bloom once again and the lilac bush is bursting open...a promise of fragrance is just around the corner. Then as if we weren't already used to this wild climatic weather pattern the skies darkened and the tornado sirens rang out their alert to take cover. I was already working on my felted work for an exhibit next month and already in the basement. And Ken was praying that the power would not fail him now as he is keeping track of our brackets for March Madness. We had a vegetarian pizza in the oven with all the special add on ingredients like peppers and mushrooms and bonus cheese.

I hope you are enjoying the photos I have shared so feel free to give me feed back. Tomorrow I will begin a new dye recipe and begin the continued journey to fill my beloved trees with a dance of color. Have a great week in your studios and stay safe in this crazy Spring fling of wild weather. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

7 comments:

  1. Prayers are with you. Tornadoes are particularly
    nasty this year. Stay safe! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day after the wrath...and all is well! I am busy in the studio working a great spring green!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

      Delete
  2. Great fabric evolving in these last two posts. Ancient trees.....I heard wild and wacky weather again. Happy Spring. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not believe I am actually being paid to make beautiful colors...Life is good! I am working into a soft early green that is just plain fun!!! Tomorrow I think I will work with some purples!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

      Delete
  3. oh dyed fabrics, wonderful and your forsythia is gorgeous... thank you for stopping by and YES you have a good eye, those are vintage french notes... on the new piece Mysteriux... thank you for your kind words... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cat...your work is special and I love the layers and textures...I have already bought two of Seth's books. Imagine and Live in Pece, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

      Delete
  4. It's nice to read about your day....but I understand how tiring this may be for you!
    But I know what you give from your heart will come back to you tenfold!


    What is the felted like art form???

    ReplyDelete