Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Ides of March...a memory


I was just about to go to bed when I realized that today is the Ides of March. Now this may be just another day in March for most people but for me and my family...this is a quiet celebration for surviving open heart surgery 25 years ago. Thank you Doctor Sanifilpo for bringing me back. Thank you Ken for the TLC I received and to my sister Donna Marie for being there when my children were still so small. Lupus is a crazy companion but I am still HERE! My words seem so inadequate now...but today is a small celebration for me and my family! Gratitude. Peace. and Survival. Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I forgot the Ides of March! First year I think I had missed it! Et to Brutus?

    Wow, open heart surgery 25 years ago? That is a cause for celebration! It's been 20 years since hubby's heart attack. I have lots to be grateful for too! Bless you for dealing with Lupus. My MIL had it too for many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!!! I try to find something to celebrate each and every day!!! God has a plan for me and I am still here to enjoy my life as an artist and my wonderful grandchildren! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

      Delete
  2. Dear Mary Helen,

    we all celebrate!!!!!You are here because there is so much of you to share with the world.....Because YOU are such a blessing to everyone you come in contact with...I am so glad and thank ful for you being in my world!!!!

    ReplyDelete