Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Sunday wedding..renewal under the snowflakes...














I have been stepping out of my comfort zone to assist a wedding party today. I created a 9 foot by 120 inch black and white backdrop for their cake table and wedding photos opportunities. I wanted to use black velvet but the cost was prohibitive at $12.99 a yard. I choose some lush black fleece that will be able to be washed and fluffed for each future use for family celebrations and photo celebrations. I then added about three dozen glittery snowflakes ...glittered wooden stars .... and glass ornaments filled with sparkle ribbons and pearls. I am hopeful that the young couple will enjoy their day of commitment and celebration with friends and family.

Last night we went over to babysit for three of our precious cargo in our hearts...Marshall Cole...Morgan Elizabeth ...and dear smiling little Lyndon Allen. Erin and Chance both have December birthdays and with his schedule there is very little time for them to be together as a couple of lovebirds :O)! When they came home Lyndon was still awake but soon drifted off to a restful sleep and I urged the kids to go on back out to finish their last minutes of Christmas shopping for their babies. Now I am not sure who was the luckiest...the ones who went out on a date alone with each other or two grandparents who get to hold the children and spend heart memories to cherish when we are apart.

I was supposed to attend a family Christmas holiday tradition in Louisville,KY with my dear Aunt Delores and Aunt Dorothy...my mother's two sisters. But on Thursday Ken's car came to a complete stop and needed over $600.00 worth of work...Merry Christmas once again...a new furnace that I am enjoying daily and now a safe running car for Ken to make his personal journeys. Life happens...and I am learning to roll with the punches and smile. I am blessed in so many ways. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. I think it must be a car virus going about; mine is in the shop with $600 for PARTS. *ahem* But am thankful we have the cars and can pay for the work, and it will once again be safe....the roads may not be with me on them, but, oh well---a little excitement!
    I have finished my sewing commitments and art commitments and am ready to have a pre-holiday collapse, then hopefully feel like celebrating!
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday, altho it sounds like you are already!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy seeing the happy faces! Yes, there must be some kind of car virus. On Friday our daughter had an accident with my husband's car and now my biggest worry is how she is going to make it home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Mary Helen. I have enjoyed following your blog and am happy to have become blogger buddies.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures of the kids are so cute! It sounds like you had a great weekend! It's good to step out of your comfort zone now and then!

    ReplyDelete