Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love yourself....




















I am busy washing 100% cotton twill fabric in a variety of lengths ...I can get 8 panels out of a 10 yard bolt and I think this is going to be a phenomenal project. I am a believer of Dreaming BIG and maybe I am living my dream to the fullest. I have two fiber artists who are more than willing to come down and assist me in the Procion dyeing process. I can give them a room to sleep and shower and feed them...this is going to be an adventure !!! Abby is more than ready to get started with direct dye painting with the luscious big mop brushes. I have found a size 20....but I am hoping to discover some brushes that are even larger. I have research the calligraphy works of an artist named Barbara Bash. I am intrigued by her quiet meditative process where she seems to working from her sub-conscious. I have seen Dale Chihully paint with a big straw broom and create some powerful sweeping brushstrokes. I have so many processes I am excited to experience. This is a loving process for my growth as an artist. I want it to be the most spectacular installation in the Dawes Arboretum our community has ever experienced!

Tonight we played with a "robot" themed drawing exercise. I used this exercise to guide them into the into a project exploring Artist Trading Cards. The small 2 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 inch format will create an easy project and hopefully they can create ones to trade amongst themselves for the weeks to come! I need to go do another load of laundry...I heard doing this a night is when the electricity demand is at its lowest. Smile :0)! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. Question for you Mary Helen.....have you ever made a mandala? If you can you tell me about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those busy hands! I love the looks on their faces. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kids are adorable. :) I would love to have done a robot project. You are one busy girl, you know that? I can't wait to see the big project! xox Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you and all you do.. I wonder if I could keep up with you!! way to go! ~K

    ReplyDelete