Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Thunderstorms continue as the Holiday weekend comes to a close...

Tonight the thunderstorms have returned  tonight and I am finally getting back into somewhat of a routine.  Ken has worked inside while I carry the magazines up to the studio. Tomorrow Ken and I have eye appointments ...I know I need a change in my prescription so it is not too soon.  Then I have to gather my supplies for my ADD art group for Tuesday morning...I am preparing the Staz-on ink stamps of Nature so they can add their own crayons, pastels and possible watercolors to their compositions for their art journals.

We have had a productive weekend ...assorting and cleaning  and enjoying corn on the cob from the farmers market...hot dogs...tomatoes... fresh watermelons.  Life does not get any sweeter than fresh summer crops ... even when the 14 days of rain have dampened the spirits a bit... I love Summer! 

a stop by to deliver salty caramels ready to be wrapped up fresh and tasty....
 a smaller option possibility......
 The Grill Deli on 2nd street...a sweet treat after you have lunch...
 ready ...set...go....they will be gone in a flash!
 Old Glory is hanging proud...take a moment to thank everyone who serves or has served.....
 my Mexican angels have come home to the studio...
 the table top is covered but it is easy for sorting as I make arrangements with labels for easy access.....
 buttons....fabrics scraps...paint brushes.... a bit of this and a bit of that....
 an exhibit I need to get over and see....Poetics of pattern....contemporary quilts.
 a break in the dark clouds...clear blue skies and a brief moment of sunshine...........
 a sweet gift from New Jersey.... Barbara from Pineland Studios....
 Sunday surprise...Tina brought Maya Rose over to help me carry my gear up...Roxie is just vying for our attention....
sweet dreams ...a felted seed pod filled with lavender and embellished with a hand beaded trim...

thank you barb for such a graceful gift!  I may wear it as a pin so I can fill up on the grace of lavender...




these are not great photos...but I do love the brilliant colors .... the renewal of a moist rain and a revelation...

day lilies remind us to live in the moment....right now...



cone flowers attract the bumble bees and butterflies...
 a yellow day lily opens near the deck....

 beautiful colors...and delicate folds reveal the miracle just for one day...


the path is needed...the ground is soft mush from 14 days of rain....
 lush green flow down the hillside..........

and Guess who came for dinner???  our little mother laid down in the crown vetch  to have a rest and a nibble at the same time....isn't she beautiful?  Such peaceful brown eyes...


Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

8 comments:

  1. Pretty big stash on your work table there......love the flowers and your visitor. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo sure do have a lot of "toys" on that table! How hard it must be to sort it all with out being distracted and stopping to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. day lilies... I love that reminder!! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than having a great stash, and I have to say you have one. LOL Love the baby deer photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I love the caramels...yum. :) Looks like we both have enough art supplies - lol. I hope the sun stays out for you and you get all settled in soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all can taste Erin's delicious caramels ...just go to Three Kids and a Kitchen...Erin is now shipping all over the USA!! Sweet treats for a dessert sweet with your coffee or whatever reason you might like a delicious caramel. I love the Salty Caramels ...but she has a dark chocolate pecan recipe that is superb! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post... I don't know what got my attention more, the wonderful full table... the gorgeous flowers... the wood carved angels, the mama deer....
    I wish you a quick recovery in your surgery. And more sunny days!
    We here have not had rain, last week we spent it hot, still in the 90's at 10 pm... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear the eye surgery goes well and easily. That according to my 87 year old mother who reminds me that you HATES having anybody near her eyes and her pain threshhold is zero.
    I'm still giggling to myself thinking about you down there, at the computer, in the hot weather. lololsnort We had some rain this morning, much needed but it's hot and humid. Mother Nature is sure mixing it up for us. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete