Thursday, July 25, 2013

my day of sunshine...colors of sky...brilliant flowers blooming on a Summer's day....

The sky was beautiful today...clear azure skies with white fluffy clouds billowing above the horizon.  I sat on the front porch in my old swing... letting the gentle breezes brush my cheek as I enjoyed a cup of coffee listening to my newest tenants in the birdhouse.  I met Ken and his golf buddies for lunch ...and then I drove myself to get a few errands completed...picked up another prescription...made an appointment for my little Pom Roxie to have her lion haircut tomorrow.  I enjoyed the freedom...driving myself... picking up a special hot pink metal heart that Maya and Sabrina can hang in their new shared bedroom.  It can hold the trinkets teens like to collect and photos and such from their new school year that starts real soon in August.

Now I need to return to my first art making experience since the surgery...I am making Minion Birthday Card for my dear friend in Tucson.  It may not be high ART...but I have enjoyed making my mess once again and will try to get this finished ...even if it is late.  I am playing with a multitude of stuff...and just enjoying the passage of time.
 My dear ken and our sweet student teacher from back in 1985...Scott Potter enjoy the beautiful sunshine and a great day at Licking Springs Golf Course today.
Dan Jax and Dave Saunders enjoyed their day in Licking county!!!

 I love these photos of a spider's magic in the doorway............. I wish I could have taken better images but I can work with these............

 Tina is finally almost moved into their new place....
 the girls  and Mr. Domino have a picnic on the living room rug to give them fuel and energy for their unpacking duties.............
 the kitchen is smaller but they will make it work....
 Last week we saw Despicable Me 2...and we all fell in love with the Minions!!!!!!!!!
 now let me see if I can get started....a canvas book with Minion Duct Tape...painting with acrylics...and making it ready to sew and embellish with buttons and well stuff.............
 here we go.............
 Cyd is 56 ....such a sweet baby...........so there are 56  Minions plus one to grow on................

I employed the place mats from the children's McDonald's menu...........
 the beginning ...and the Minions are taking shape....
 canvas label stickers ... I added the first colors ...and will add INKtense pencils for special details..........
 More stuff for a needed Bigger box....
Sabrina and Hannah give Mr. Domino some time outside....on this glorious summer afternoon.   For my first day out by myself....I think I did well but I am tired.  We have another busy doctor day tomorrow and the celebratory opening at Dawes Arboretum in the evening.  There is also an opening at The Works for Jim Arter's summer camp artists...........and the Newark Downtown Art Walk!!!   I can try to make a couple of these...but we know we will not last ...our energies are limited.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. Hey...who doesn't love Minions??? Have a wonderful Friday in this beautiful weather !! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting and creative spider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful images! I'm so glad that your surgery was a success. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Minions! So glad you are out and around and feeling better. xo

    ReplyDelete