Wednesday, July 3, 2013

a day to read and catch up on the computer...........

I did move some items upstairs but I am still playing tag...with what is in the box???  I did find the fabric to make the curtain tops for the upstairs studio...maybe tomorrow I will stitch them up.  The rains kept us in most of the day..and Ken actually slept this afternoon.  So many decisions to be made and then if you are not sick...the insurance procedures and paperwork is enough to drive one crazy!!!  Our flag is up and protected under the front porch...so the winds and rain will not dishonor our red, white and blue.  A half million people are over in Columbus for the Red White and Boom...I am hoping for a safe night and a pause in the evening rain showers.  I must be getting old...because large crowds fail to amuse or entice me.  The OSU campus here in Newark has their fireworks also...but the wetness just does not appeal to me. 

Now tomorrow we are headed out to check out The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp!!!!!!  I am looking forward to this afternoon treat.  Rain will not dampen my spirits for this experience.


Alivia's greatest cheerleader.... her Grandma and Susan make plans for a lunch of possibilities for children of Licking County... two courageous women who are changing the lives of children here in Licking county.   Be sure to check out the Works next Tuesday ...Curious Kids are making fairy gardens in the morning and a special event is planned for the Curious Kids in the afternoon.... come on down!!!
 Here is an adorable puppy named Chevy...a blonde beagle pup who is 8 weeks old and the loneliest little guy ...his brothers and sisters have all been adopted at our Humane Society....  I know he is cute but I have two hearts to hold onto....
 Look  at Macon's smile...she has been surrendered only because the new baby is highly allergic....  she is a real sweet creature and is trained and already housebroken....
 here is the team of saviors working at the Humane society...dedication........
 pumpkin kittens...three adorable babies waiting to go home....
... and here is the liveliest little tiger...he climbed all the way up to the top of his crate....hey LOOK at me...I am so cute!!!!!!!!!!!
Macon is the official greeter for the day....she had survived a tornado in Macon ,GA  and came home with a State Farm agent ...to live with her new family for 5 years...anyone interested???
Here is the new building.....
 this butterfly is the promise of HOPE....
 Roxie is smiling when I arrived home...and I think she was happy I did not bring home a new pup or kitten....
 the front porch is being set up...for reading and relaxation...........
 the greenery is full and lush....the tiny wrens are building a new nest..........
 soft lush greens seem to calm the soul.........
and plenty of inspiration for drawing and doodling ...quiet moments for contemplation....















I hope you and your family have a safe and Happy 4TH ...fireworks if you like them....and a cookout with barbecue chicken wings...corn on the cob.... deviled eggs... and fresh fruit salad!!!  Now we have to pray it does not rain all day!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Roxie looks at me as if to question ...why did you leave Macon at the Humane society?? Well...................I am hoping she will grab hold to someone's heart. She is a sweet spirit. Happy 4TH, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete