Sunday, July 21, 2013

I am seeing brilliant colors....and in love with the Minions!!!

On Thursday it was another day over at OSU hospital for my four month checkup with Dr. Hackshaw.  Three hours later I was out the door and rewarding my girls...the three grands went with us and were playing charades when I finished my blood lab work.  We went to Red Lobster....and then came home because we were all exhausted.  We made dinner together before the girls went home...and plans to work with my artists tomorrow morning at Dawes Arboretum!!!

On Friday morning we arrived to see the crews working feverishly in the new assisted raised garden....the walls are going up...the arboretum area...the new trees being planted with the new opening celebration on this Friday!  It was very hot, humid and hazy ..so we made a shortened walk in the learning garden and the girls helped the visiting artists make selections with Jenny Pope...that we would return to the studio and make folded accordion books of identification labels and draw their own flowers.  After we finished ..we headed over to Dairy Queen for their $5.00 lunch specials!  Then because we had given three hours of community service...we rewarded the girls with Displicable Me II !!!!  I have to admit...it was a great escape movie for us all and fart jokes and the Mr. Ram-bottom jokes made every one laugh and relax.  Erin and I went to the grocery to get roasted chicken..fresh garlic ,onions, kale, spinach and fresh mushrooms to saute and add over wide egg noodles and freshly grated parmesean cheese ...yummy comfort foods and then to finish the dinner...homemade Root beer floats.

Jenny Pope came over to give her a sweet touch and Roxie gave her a
 the heat got to my littlest assistants!!! a short nap in the cool air conditioning of Grandma's car....
 the promise of a sunflower's bloom.....
 gladiolas and sunflowers...blessings...
 Maya Rose loves her deep colors....she is more beautiful with each day...
 sweet summer rose blooms.... pure Romance.........even in the heat...........
 Sabrina Rose is playing "Homecoming Queen!"... she is growing into a real lady and moving into the Middle School years......
 Hannah Marie is helping Grandpa with the grocery shopping for a fresh strawberry pie...
 Maya Rose is spoiling my Roxie....
 a visit to a few years back...Maya drew a portrait of me...pretty cute!!!!

 sabrina has become the "experimenter"with splashing colors and drizzles of color washes....
 look at this focus...she has gained very good control and brush strokes are developing.......

Grandpa is making his delicious strawberry pie for our special dessert.......
 color plays for a summer afternoon......
 time for dinner...barbeque chicken and summer harvest foods!
 Katie is still making name tags for the artists............shaving cream and food dyes swirled on card stock.... she is an amazing young teacher.......
 the supervisors are collecting their new name tags....ready for action........
 the line up of champion artists and gardeners...it was too hot to go out in the new garden and the workers were busy finishing the garden space.........
 simple explanations ...our lesson plan for a quick garden study of the summer's blooms in the Learning Garden.........
 Jenny Pope is a wonderful teacher and gardner....Hannah Marie was her assistant in carrying the specimens.


the zinnias were a big hit as we walked along the garden......
 Bill liked the Queen Anne's Lace.... so simple and beautiful ...he is excited to see and learn about each bloom....
 He loves this color of the zinnias........Steven is a serious artist........

 Phil was experiencing the humidity but carried on.....
 David is listening carefully to every word Jenny shares about the wonders in this garden.........
 the Hosta plant was presented along with the day lilies......
 a young student shared his knowledge of the smaller plants...
 Phil and Joe quickly discovered the coolness in the shade and the sweet chairs...a gentle breeze was cooling us all.....
 Mark is writing out the spellings of the sword leaf India plant......
Maya Rose has a sweet compassionate way with these artists.......thank you my dears!!
 Ken brought Roxie in for a special visit ...and Joe immediately scooped her up and made a walkabout in the studio to show the artists our wiggly pup!!!
 Melissa was so enthralled..she loves pups...........Hannah is peeking around Roxie....
 Roxie received lots of tender loving care on Friday!
Mark and David know Roxie from last summer's art workshops....

Tomorrow morning I am scheduled for my second eye surgery.....I am seeing colors like never before....Vision is such a precious gift.  I am so grateful to my doctors for giving me a tune up and making me bionic....mesh in and over my heart...coils in my brain... new lenses....and a kind understanding doctor who monitors my Lupus with frequent lab works...and helping me to live and be Strong!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

5 comments:

  1. Shine in the light and knowledge that WE all have something to share ..a smile...a kind word...gentle touch...Art Saves Lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful photos. I so enjoy seeing what you and your family are up to. Such special loving people are drawn into your world, most likely by your loving and creative selves. I am so glad the first surgery has gone so well. I will hold you in my thoughts and meditations tomorrow morning for your second surgery.
    :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to 'see' you Mary Helen. I hope the second operation goes well and that you are healing from the first. And my best wishes for your husband on his journey of healing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today. Also thinking of your hubby. Best wishes for you both. Your attitude is what will get you through. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration, girl! So much going on, yet you give and give, not to mention take lots of happy pictures to share. I am exhausted! :)

    ReplyDelete