Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday...Into the Fray...final day in Granville


















I had a few great people stop by and I had lunch with Chris as I told her about a Columbus Art League exhibit coming that will be traveling..."Off the Wall" Chris is definitely working in a very sculptural approach in her pieces. I am thinking about a piece...but the deadline is October 7 and i need some more information about the requirements of this opportunity. I do hope Chris is able to participate ...she is growing in so many directions. I began painting the magic wands for the birthday party with the Harry Potter theme... it is even held on our antique train in the courtyard. I needed to pick up a couple more special embellishments for the individual wands. I ran to Michael's and met Kay Kenyon who was selecting matte frames for her future works. We were both taking advantage of a 20% off coupon on our total purchases...a girl has to be a smart shopper /consumer.

I rushed over to see the final day of the "Into the Fray" art exhibit, this is their 7TH year and Paul Hamilton served as the shows juror. I have a great amount of appreciation for Paul's work and experience and he definitely produced a thought provoking theme and exhibit. I recognized several good artist friends in these selections and want to applaud them for their magnificent selections. I have included a few photos to share their works, mediums and techniques. I hope you enjoy their works. ken picked up my two quilts from the contemporary fiber exhibit at the Nazarene University in Mount Vernon. I am so happy I will not have to travel up North tomorrow in the predicted rains...Ohio seems to be in a weather spiral with the evidence of four days of rain and a dash of sunshine thrown in. I need to get back to work. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

5 comments:

  1. So many wonderful pieces of art! The sheep are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sheep are a hand felted piece made by my good friend Chris Lang from her very own sheep. She painstakingly raises the sheep, has them sheared and then cards and spins her own wools to be dyed for each art piece. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful artworks! I wish I could see these in person.
    Blessings! Vernita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so much beautiful art! And I am about to run over to Michael's to use my coupon - lol! xox Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should never waste the opportunity to use a coupon for art supplies... the nectar of the heart's desires. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete