Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Creation collage and Family night



















I have been up to my neck in state tax forms and questions and dilemmas but hopefully after 90 minutes on the phone with the attorney generals office and the taxation offices I THINK I have begun to work matters out. I have made a big decision to be my studio full time and go with that...this means I cannot sell works for any other artists. I will be adjusting to this changes beginning effectively to avoid any more confusion. I think I have learned quite a bit this past year and hopefully the artists will understand...I do not want to have to hire accountants and lawyers just to make my Art.

Today I created the beginning of a creation theme for a wedding gift for a special young couple who have decided to create a more perfect union in marriage. They have two small girls who are just thrilled to celebrate this ceremony with their parents. I am creating some simple but hopefully beautiful centerpieces for the reception dinner in delicate pink roses with greens and accents. I am hoping they will enjoy having my work in their home to celebrate this new formed family.

Today was Family night in the central gallery and we gathered in the coolness of air conditioning and played with the "Zentangle" designs to explore and create in a new direction where all are able to make their own marks without making a mistake. These are not really new but have a playful way to expand horizons into a more abstract form of mark making. Afterwards each child made decisions about what colors and designs they would want to add. I gave the older artists a 2 by 2 inch square of foam core to make a small pin or magnet with their own designs. I need to get to bed ...the heat just wears me out. Stay cool and create in your own cool studios. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Big changes are happening to everyone I know, a state of flux where we sort it all out. Sometimes it's hard just to decide, glad you did, and stay cool, we are hot, but you are much, much hotter! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping our art simple is important. It frees us up to create rather than push papers. I always enjoy all the smiles on Family Night!

    ReplyDelete