Monday, December 5, 2011

Will the rain ever go away...we had 3 inches today....it could be worse....it would have been 2 feet of snow!















The gray skies are looming...it is difficult to get out of bed...the quilts and the pets have made my bed a warm refuge...but I have work to do! I finished the laundry before I left for the studio...had a quick breakfast...gathered my sketching supplies and drove...no almost swam downtown. I met with two clients and then went to work immediately on packaging the Christmas cards for special orders. I was going to Michaels for more glitter...we will need more glitter real soon... but decided to go home and have Erin's comfort foods om yesterday's dinner. Ken and I babysat with Cole, Morgan and little Lyndon...yes I know I had work to finish but these hours spent with these sweet spirits energizes my heart and body. I had a child on my lap almost the whole afternoon and Miss Morgan and I made a special recipe for our turkey gravy. I looked in the pantry and could not find the flour for thickening so Morgan handed me the canister of flour. We made our mixture of lour and milk ...I thought...but as soon as Erin came home she smiled and told me that we had used ....Powdered sugar!!! I kept wondering why the gravy was not getting thick??? Well Grandpa Ken took over ....he was really hungry and Morgan and I were giggling because we had a NEW recipe for next Thanksgiving. :0)! She is such a sweet little girl and just makes me smile inside and out. Cole and I made ART with our imaginations and Lyndon tried to play a "Break the Ice" game...he is only one year old. After Ken's famous lemon meringue pie we had a cup of coffee and made our journey home. I never did get out of bed once i laid down but today is always another chance to get back into the move. I hope you enjoy the photos...Morgan and I will be publishing our new cookbook by the next Holiday season :0)! Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

5 comments:

  1. Having a child in your lap is a lovely thing. I love when my 3 yr. old grandson sits with me and he is so calm and wants me to read to him. It's wonderful! Yes, I enjoyed your photos, always do. New cookbook? Wow, you are into so many neat things. Hope that rain makes it down this way one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookbook is sort of a joke...but wouldn't a recipe book of my mishaps be FUN! Have a great day! Blessings and rain sent to you dear friend. Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha how very "sweet" your gravy must have tasted! It's almost as bad as the time I was making spaghetti and mistakenly used the catnip instead of the oregano! Perhaps secretively that I was hoping hubby would get a little frisky and start rolling around. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I need to smile, I come to your blog and look at all those happy faces! Especially love it when they are the faces of children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet the kids liked the gravy :)
    I often add a bit of sugar to mine too - it helps it brown believe it or not :)
    Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete