Wednesday, December 7, 2011

recycling at its best....and cabachons of every color...






































I had some gorgeous gift bags donated by the jewelry store next door and we returned to the lessons of positive and negative spaces...plus glue sticks, Elmer's glue and stickers and glitz to beat the band. My friend Abby came back with her delightful little guy Justin and then to my surprise an old friend came in to help...Susan Frankenberry showed up to help the children recycle their creations into wonderful bags to pack their gifts in for the Holiday season. We laughed ...we cried...we were shocked when Abby discovered that the glue was not dried out...as she wore a huge blob of Elmer's glue on her red festive sweater. Like a real trooper she just laughed and offered to give anyone who wanted it a Free hug...we all had a great laugh but I think I owe you big Abby. Susan was a great help...and the children always love one on one attention. Before we knew it there were several jingle bell necklaces and bracelets being created by eager little elves dancing around the studio space. Yes there is a joyful sound on Wednesday nights at The Grill Deli.

I had a spectacular day in the studio...delivered more special orders , had a couple purchases of small selected Christmas cards. This has been a great month for me and gratitude floods my heart. My neighbor's mother came in to pick up her grandson Cooper...he is quite the young man these days and totally loved The WORKS! He wants to return again over the holidays and I think his grandparents will make this wish come true. I am heading up to bed now...I have a volunteer night for the Sandy Patti Christmas Show at The Midland ...it should be a delightful evening of inspirational music.

Last night I was up and watching the Christmas specials on Turner Classic Channel and saw a 1945 film "Star in the Night". This is the nativity story retold in a cowboy western theme and it was delightful. The cowboys were the three kings with presents....the star in the sky was an automotive neon sign...huge and the travelers all gathered at the local motel for the birth of the new born king! Even though it was corny in so many ways the true meaning is still ever true today...peace on earth and goodwill toward men. Have a warm and sound good night's sleep. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures. I just love seeing all those beautiful young artists sharing your special place with you. Have a wonderful holiday season. Thank you so much for being my long distance friend these past couple of years.
    :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glue on the sweater is so artfully placed! These are wonderful pictures - I admire the work you do with young people! Peace, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total happiness abounds here, look at all those smiling faces. Shine your light Mary Helen.xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete