Thursday, December 8, 2011

an evening with Sandi Patty at The Midland ....


Tonight I was blessed to volunteer for a very special Christmas concert and performance with Grammy winning Sandi Patty. I worked the merchandise table with her daughter Jen who is also a performer who now lives in Nashville. There were 60 special Holiday bags with her cookbook, a DVD and two of her CDs for just $35.00. The bags were even cute and included for the total price. It was a very hectic couple of hours but I found myself witnessing the power of Art in a strong spiritual voice. Patty has won Dove Awards, Grammys, Billboard awards ...well after 39 CDs this women has raised a family of 8 children and done this well. Yes it is a blended family but this is a large family. Her dedication and powerful voice range is totally amaze you once she begins her performance. She invited the audience to participate and sing Silent Night together. I felt the serenity in the musical notes as she filled the theater with a real sense of serenity and peace. Jen, her 24 year old daughter is a real delight...sorry I did not have a camera with me but when I studied her youthful face ... I knew immediately she was Sandi"s daughter...one of the twins. Jen was invited up on stage and performed with the grace and power she has inherited from her totally musical family. I was given a Christmas CD that I will totally enjoy in my studio every day until Christmas.
Tomorrow I will head down to the studio and then back to the Midland for a special performance of another Christmas classic..."The Polar Express" at 5:30 pm. I will probably work in my studio until 5 and then head down for this evening with young believers. Peace be with you all on this cold crisp night filled with an almost full moon that dances in and out of the fluffy clouds...will we see snowflakes tomorrow ? Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment