Tuesday, January 1, 2013

my happy quiet day welcomes the new year 2013................

Today has been a day for me to reflect and remember the gifts I have been given.  The landscape is covered in snow and some of you have even received the gift of sunshine.  The dogs have not dallied when they make their visits outdoors for "duty calls" and cuddled up when there happens to be an empty lap to warm up on... Ken and Roxie have enjoyed the New year's football marathon.  I have been downstairs quilting and adding embroidery design elements ...next I will add the binding and begin my FUN part and embellishing with beads and buttons!  Rosie has curled up at my feet and listened to me laugh as I watch reruns of the "Big Bang Theory" waiting for the final Parenthood chapter at 10:00.   I checked numerous blogs...read for inspirations the "word" for the year 2013 ...and possible resolutions.

I resolve to have more candle light ....
to enjoy my quiet moments of each day...
celebrate the family traditions ....
make Art every day in some manner or technique...
take time to enjoy my mixed media process capturing the beauty of the desert....
stay focused...balanced... enjoy the ride...
I have two big exhibits coming up...
hug more ...
laugh more....
praise more...
love more...
and ...
to listen with my heart.
 I marvel at the amazing icy fingers of the icicle sculpture...slowly growing each day...
 the grace of the bending..yielding branches of my lilac bush...I will check this each day...I want to protect the lilac branches...their future fragrance in the Spring months is a gift I love .....
 I have rediscovered the beauty of candle light....I have had candles ...and forgotten how simply elegant this gentle light can be...soft...forgiving ...grace of white light....
 and fragrance of a holiday candle.... small sensual indulgences to warm the artist heart on a cold, gray Ohio winter day....
gentle light..even typing these two words...a gentle gift...
 playing with textures...rediscovering watercolor crayons....and Somerset Artful Blog magazine... enjoying the shared and valuable words from other artists creating their lives....shared dreams ....
 my renewed appreciation of poetry in words and visual dances of humanity...a great stopping place over a cup of tea.............

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed working with these wonderful watercolors.....
 Yes... I am safe inside and I do not have to go out on the slippery streets today.... I am planning on snowmen for tomorrow night's family night....
I have been so blessed. 
I am returning to my sacred space...my studio tomorrow...
a return to my routine ...
and final preparations paperwork...details ... for the exhibit opening in January 25, 2013.

Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the beginning of the year yummy??? A new beginning and a new outlook on oneself and the things to be done. In know there are lots of folks who rue the new year but I savor the small things this year with new appreciation.
    Wishing you candlelight, new visions of arting and being warm, safe and loved. And a side order of fun along the way. You know, the basics. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete