Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday night after the Dawes Arboretum celebration....






















I have spent the day resting from a very exciting and busy weekend.  I attended the opening for Made by Hand...hand felted works create from the same medium and yet the visions explored were so diverse.  The sic participants create from their heart and Lyn Logan-Grimes and Chris Lang skillfully installed this wonderful exhibit with loving hands and the viewers were drawn into a much closer examination of this miraculous and soft fiber medium.  Renee Harris has been creating for over 25 years and her works always seem to tell a story and her details were impeccable both with wools and her stitches.  Chris Lang has been a personal friend for over 20 years and has graced my life with her generosity of mind, body and spirit.  Sharon Parker and Yiling Tien were new artists to my personal experience but I plan to return to the gallery and study their processes.  Megan Henderson is a young and exciting young artist and I am delighted to have be included in her circle of creation.  I will post some photos in the morning...Ken is already asleep and I forgot to get the new instructions for this new blog format.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Thank you all for your patience...why oh why do the blogger people feel they need to change everything up??? I know this is good for my brain recovery...but I hate it. Peace be with you, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it too! Can't find anything! Anyhow I also love felting and love all the pieces on this post!

    ReplyDelete