Sunday, December 23, 2012

Now it is Sunday...how did this happen?

We have had our first snowfall and the whispers in my trees are quite soft...the snowflakes kiss my cheeks and I am really grateful for my 4 wheel drive.  The hustle and bustle has drivers going a wee bit too fast...so I gave myself plenty of room.  On Friday I had a wonderful day where I worked with three energetic artists.  Ron Bower and Amista and Dan Moder had an afternoon of great foods ...blowing their own hand blown glass ornament with Sean and about two hours painting their own snowy snowman holiday painting.  They jumped right in and painted through the eyes of the child in their heart.  We played with Martha Stewart pearl paints...delightful glitter.... a variety of brushes and techniques...just plain relaxing and FUN!  I think you will enjoy their photos...I supplied each with a Christmas hat... and they were such a joy to be with.  The first real snowfall was beginning to cover our Newark streets and I prayed that they were arriving safe in their homes in a reasonable time.  Safe and Sound.  Dan wrote about the beauty he was witnessing ...the sacred mounds gently covered in soft clean snow... a quiet place to reflect the passing of time.  We are so blessed to live so near such a historical, spiritual landmark. 

Saturday I felt a bit ill...my medications are not quite where I am making it through the whole week.  I stayed still...listened to my body...and rested under a warm quilt.  Yes I was tormented by my sprite...Roxie is one year old and was ready to celebrate.  Play Play Play!!!!  She and Rosie both come alive with the fresh snow...burrowing their noses in the snow looking for whatever might be hidden. 

 Susan and  Colin stopped by for some lunch and to give Marco a good luck card in his new job ... Colin was jazzed by deep fried brownies with powdered sugar....
 Is this young man happy or what???
 Noah is a 4 year old who came in and asked me to make his own ornament....how could I refuse ??? and Gold was a perfect paint color for his sleigh....
 He is ready to go...no he needs to add Christmas presents...
 What a happy little man!
 Teachers gone wild...well at least enjoying their lunch at the Grill and their gift exchange...they were so cute...Merry Christmas to you all!
Ron Bowers is wearing his holiday hat and jumps right into his winter wonderland  painting...
 Amista was not feeling well but seems happy enough to give it the old college try... I hope her cold is gone by Christmas morning...
 Thank you Dan for bringing your staff in for a day of pure ART!
 now to add the personality details...
 Ron is sporting his "you will shoot your eye out tee" from the Christmas Story classic movie....
 no I was not serving wine...her hat just seemed to slip to the side...very Parisian I think....
 Dan is quite accomplished with his painting...
 now the glitter is ready to be applied....and with his signature to mark the day....please be safe driving back to Columbus...
isn't he cute!!!!?  he just made me smile the whole time he was there at the table...so much JOY!
 I am really quite proud ....and he is so happy!  Can you see his Martha Stewart glitter?

 I like mine...no I like yours...Merry Christmas!!!

 Dan has created a wonderful masterpiece ...he is sharing with his mother for this Christmas....
 Amista this could be a holiday card for your family...I love the happy squirrel...

 I am fighting fatigue...but I have a few small presents to wrap...
 the end of the week and Christmas is almost here...the snow is falling and the carols are on the radio
Roxie really did eat her ornament...
 the frosting on the porch...twinkle lights are going on soon...
 one of our live trees has really grown ....
 the snow continues to fall but the winds are picking up...we ended up with about 5 to 6 inches but I made it safely home...
Today we went to breakfast at Bob Evans and ran into Biff and Terry Matthews.  They now live in North Carolina but came home for their grand children and family.  They looked great!  We then went down to my studio and finished up most of our Christmas cards and took them to the Newark Post Office.  We then made a delivery to Mary Thedos and family for their holiday fudge and caramel popcorn.  We had a great afternoon visit and I left a gift  for Kristen's new baby Abigail Elizabeth.  This baby was born on 12/12/12....a new spirit and soul to bring Joy to their family's hearts.  We came home and wrapped a few more presents...tomorrow is Christmas Eve...how did the year fly by so fast?  I have some baking to do... and set the Christmas morning table...and prepare a pot roast for the busy days ahead.  may all your days be calm and sweet with those you love.  Yes Ken and I will be serving Christmas dinner at the Elks with Skip and Carol Salome on Christmas day!  I wish you all peace during this holy season.  Be safe and count your blessings.  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment