Thursday, December 20, 2012

and it was five days until Christmas....

The time is slipping away...for my time with Marco Lopez is numbered.  He has been accepted by the Red Lobster Corporation Managerial Team.  He will begin his three month training right after the holidays.  This is a wonderful opportunity for advancement and with many benefits for his family in the future,  I have loved working with such a kind, focused and dedicated young man.  I wish you the very best,

 my pharmacist assistant with her handsome son and husband stopped by the studio
 Toots and I have not seen each other all year but she stopped by her sister's Christmas card and new address in Denver,CO.
 a special gift for a very special friend....go make ART!!!!
 fun stuff to make Christmas cheer.... for family night at the deli...
 glitter paints and gold...as one of my boys said..."gold is just the best!!!"
Kyle, Nicki and Lindsey come ever week before basketball practice...
 I love their warm smiles and big hearts...
 now Nicki and Kyle are ready to get to work...
 Dad aka Doug is very proud of Kyles designs...

 this is just simply beautiful!!!
 Marco is sharing his news with his extended family....
 this girl has a steady hand a real sense of focus....
 a bronze snowflake with jewels...
 Abby, Dalton and Justin and with their beloved Aunt CiCi...this is a merry time in their home...
 Abby and CiCi share a quiet moment...
 Merry Christmas Abby...thank you for being you...now go make ART!!!
those are new pastels....
 Noah has no fear creating his Christmas tree... they all  love to paint with glitter paints...
 Justin has a bit of assistance from his Mom....his ornament is sweet...
 Nicki is growing up so quickly...she has a kind heart for everyone
 Noah is now patiently adding sparkle gems to a fancy Christmas sleigh....jingle all the way...
 Noah and Colin are making some difficult decisions about colors and sparkles...
this group of children are very supportive of each other...a very powerful lesson for all of us..
 well pardoner...Josh in the cowboy hat had a worry about getting messing....

 Now Ruduloph does have a big red honking nose...good for those foggy, snowy night flights...
 Okay Miss Mary Helen...I would like to try...he is 4 years old...
 Thank goodness for Colin's guidance...and patience... the green glitter started to cooperate...
 great gold paints!!!
 I was his assistant...I held the small wooden ornament...up...and he was doing the painting...in the big city they call this collaboration!
 The Star Wars boys discussed possible new additions to their private collections...
 even the smallest angel ...Mary Molly was held in her big brothers arms watching the process.....
 Dylan is in the first grade at Newton Elementary and tonight was his first visit....
 quiet determination and a steady hand with the glitter glues...
 Noah made a second ornament for his Grandma...look at the embellishments...Noah hand crocheted me a beautiful scarf for a special present...thank you little man...









 We wish you the very best Marco...you deserve the very best...it has been an honor to work with you....champagne fruit punch
 Rita has found sweets from Kentucky .......
 Mom and Daughter ...Cindy Kelley and her daughter Jodie....

 Jay and his Dad are headed to a basketball game in Delaware....
 Marco and Tre are being cool...incognito....
 Pat Brown thinks of Marco as a son...we will miss you...
 Relaxing at the end of the day....Pat Warthen makes the best ice cream cakes....no diets today...
 25 advent boxes to hold daily treasures during Advent...
 one more coat of glaze and the tree is complete...whoops I need to finish the silver star...


 five more days...until the jolly old elf will fly over Newark....

 I am praying for a peace filled holiday and break...Tomorrow I am playing elf with three unknowing elves who will create their own holiday art....cookies and hot chocolate and maybe some snowballs if we are lucky!










I think Noah would like to take up photography...he wanted to take a picture of me....
Last night we made wooden ornaments and a Christmas card for the youngsters on Family night at The Grill Deli.  The Grill will be closed until next Thursday so we had a festive atmosphere the whole night through.  I have grown very fond of the families that come each week.  Their smiles and laughter have brightened my days when my heart was heavy.  #26 ACTS of kindness....in response to the tragic loss in Newtown,Connecticut ...we can all give strangers 26 acts of kindness.  This movement started a few days ago by Anne Curry on NBC ...one by one ...we can all give back to heal our country.  For me it is working with these children every week...now Nicholas has asked me in a very honest way ..."How do you LIVE???"   I smiles back at him and said my simple answer...ART Saves Lives!  and if I can make 25.00 a day ...I can stay...visible...working ...sharing... my work as an artist.  I hope you enjoy our evening photos.

Imagine and Live in Peace....#26 Acts of kindness...such a small thing to do during these sad days. I appreciate you loving support.  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. Dear Friend....your posts have warmed my heart all year...you , always thinking of everyone else,delivering over and over again..You are a treasure, and I am lucky to know you.
    I wish you the merriest of Christmases and a 2013 filled with peace, health and love!

    Love Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful joyous photos of sharing, laughter and love- what better way to spread the joy of the season.
    Always an inspiration to visit your blog Mary Helen.

    The very best to you and yours this Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what lovely words, wonderful people and such a kind heart in you.

    ReplyDelete