Monday, December 3, 2012

Breakfast with Santa....at the Spaldings....

I have had a full weekend with glorious heart felt experiences.  We went in early for a special pajama party (for the kids but I would have worn them if I had known) at Erin's house for breakfast with Santa.  Chance did not get to make the festivities because he had to cover another doctors rounds.  There were 14 fiesty children ...9 were cousins and the remaining are my additional heart cousins.  We had hot chocolate, waffles, Greek yogurt, fresh fruits and plenty of candy candy candy!  The children were totally jazzed when the jolly old elf himself came in the front door.  He read a special story and then graciously allowed each child to come up and spend private time with Santa and receive a special gift.  I think my camera is dying but... the photos will get the message across.  Afterwards we went downstairs to decorate homemade gingerbread cookies ,trains and houses....sweet treats for everyone and I remembered I love my gingerbread just plain...yummy yummy yummy sweets.  I sat with my dear young father friend who is recovering from his heart attack...than you all for adding him to your prayers circles...the power of prayers and positive living is an amazing force to heal when we are down.  I remember the song "eyes are on the sparrow" when someone I love has a difficult time ... we all are held in the palm of his hands.

 the pajama party was getting in gear....
 Jackson and Isabella with their special lemurs
 I think Miss Olivia was our youngest party child....
 Nana and Lyndon have breakfast together...building up strength for the big surprise........
 guess what ...Santa just walked in the door...Lyndon was not very pleased............
 I LOVE Santa !!!!!!!!!  What a sweet man!
 the story now begins as all the little ones settle in ....
 look how attentive the little ones are listening to Santa...........
 Lyndon with Mom and Grandpa are checking this stranger in the red and white suit reading a Christmas story in his living room..........

 not a child was squirming... closer and closer they moved in...
 we were standing in the entryway...watching each child's eyes open wider and wider....

 and then what happened????

 the birds were living in Santa's beard...what a predicament?  Would Christmas go on this year?   What about the babies?
 Clint is only 3 years old and bit overwhelmed with this huge man...
 Lyndon is moving in closer  and closer ...with Mom...
 how did Santa know I was in the girl scouts this year???? So you want a Furby this year?
 The beautiful mothers captured every moment ....with their cameras and in their hearts...
 Morgan looks at me ... like are you getting this Grandma??
 Cole shares a joke with Santa and they discuss his time at Columbus Academy this year... look at the smile on this little man's face...........

 Are you the real ....?
 Yes you are the main event Santa!

Mason shares a giggle with the big man!!!!
 Lyndon did it!!!!!!!!!!!  Santa calls it the 4 second rule!        
 Now he is ready to go now....where is Mom????
 Olivia was totally enjoying her Greek yogurt ....yummy for her tummy..........
 Merry  Christmas Spaldings...we are missing you Dad............
 Yes Santa already knew I was a naughty girl...our cheeks match.....rosy rosy rosy!
 Grandma this is a marshmallow pop gun.....Oh NO!!!!!

 Morgan now wants to eat with Grandma...I am not too happy about it!!!!  Look at those steamy glasses!  My brain appears to be hot today............
 Thomas the Train Grandpa....Thomas the Train...... Look at Grandpa's Christmas tie!!!!
 Lyndon is trying to teach me...I am not sure what this toy even does????  Just look Grandma.....  then you do this.....
 Chris and I share Heart felt stories ...let go and be at peace.... He is an amazing father and will be OK ...just hang around with me Chris and I will make a rockstar out of  you yet............. You are so loved!!!
Gingerbread cookies for all...............
 houses that will delight everyone who comes over this season....beautiful house....
 Brandi and little Julia Anna share a cuddle......
 The Art open house....
Tony's beautiful Christmas ornaments..........
 Kathy's lovely new paintings...............
 This is it.... the very special hand crafted vessel made by Tony....Ken's Christmas collection..........
 Steve and Michelle came over to enjoy the exhibit and holiday cheer........
 I love the spiritual quality in this painting.... light and airy and free....
 Susan Kamps and Kathy share a moment ....lovely exhibit and lovely people.............





Marcia Downes greets The Mocks as we prepare to return home...I immediately put on my softest flannels and got into  bed...it has been a glorious weekend .  Ken is grading papers....as I drift off...
Afterwards we drove to Tony Reynolds and Kathy Anderson's Art open house.  Their home is lovely and a gracious and more cozy way to view their works and delicate processes.  Gentle loving friends came in for this intimate, private view and I did  find a perfect gift for Ken.  Yes moneys are tight ...but I watched him walk through the exhibit ... and his eyes fell upon a beautiful wooden vessel that he immediately let me know...this would be the perfect art work to own and pass on to our children.  It was difficult because Kathy had several paintings that we were both drawn to ...but there is always next year!!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Have a week of quiet moments to energize the soul...we all can use these breathing moments during the busy holiday season.  Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Treasure the small tiny moments ...quiet moments ...when holding a child 's hand or on your lap.... gentle affirmations!  Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. such special memories to be sure! and gorgeous artwork, especially love that vessel with the spire....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. So happy all is well after the storm Mary Helen. That your smile is contagious all the way to Australia. Your art and sharing is a gift. Blessings and Christmas greetings to you and your's from your friends in Australia. :)

    ReplyDelete