Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day 2013....

 I was given this wicker chair ...that traveled down to Ohio from Connecticut ....I will try to wash the chair pads but I do believe I will be replacing them ...and then I will paint the wicker surface to renew its life and endurance... it will be so inviting on the front porch ...or in a guest room for one of my artists visiting the studio.
 I bought two extra long twin beds and linens and woven vintage cotton bed spreads...they will be perfect for summer nights...I already have quilts to share during the cooler months.  The side table will work here or there...I also bought a white chest of drawers ...I am planning on a transformation for the fronts of the 4 drawers.  Yes another project for the studio... I have plenty to do!
Guess who is "reading" to Grandpa???
I felt this would make a perfect Labor Day post...our artists working their garden....
making new bright sheets of handmade paper...
they also chose their favorite blooms to press petals into the flower press ...
I love the assortment and variety in the selections....
then they began with their selection of colors...and tore the paper into tiny tiny little pieces....this was a cool quiet assignment the gentlemen seemed to enjoy......
then our sweet Katie gave a demonstration of how to add water...and blend the paper into a beautiful slur of colors........
David is so confident...he is selecting the greens for our lunch salad....this garden has provided so many miracles.....
Nate is making sure each potted plant receives a fresh drink of water............
Mark is working his magic..........Nate is his assistant today......
Troy and Laura are making his sheet now...a bright vivid green....
Look at the beautiful papers.....
I wish you could smell this patchouli plant....I am going to dry some of the leaves to put into a sachet ....
Jenny and Suki are demonstrating how they want the petals to be chosen for the flower pressing activity........
here is the beautiful lunch salad of fresh greens...from seeds to the soil...the raised gardens have been a real success....
our baby fresh tomatoes....so darn delicious..........
The Learning Garden is a positive ray of Hope for all who labor here.  The sun is piercing the end of the summer's day cloud cover...may your works be rays of Hope for you and those you love!  Happy Labor Day!  Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. This post teased all my senses MH! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, better late than never:) Love the handmade paper - what a great project!! And that wicker will be a treasure, for sure. We found some old wicker to put on our porch and it needs some work but I still love it:)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete